Interviste JKR su Severus

« Older   Newer »
Ida59
view post Posted on 5/1/2008, 21:38 by: Ida59

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Questa me l'ha passata Mony e viene da The Leacky.

Dimostra, come io ho sempre sostenuto, ma al momento NON trovo la discussione in cui l'ho fatto, altrimenti avrei inserito questo messaggio là, che Rickman NON conosceva affatto TUTTO su Snape!

Leaky Cauldron has up the 2nd part of the JKR podcast interview transcript. And she mentions Alan role as Snape and what he knew going in!

SU: Wow, that’s so awesome. You know, you mention the movies. Somebody who’s most amazing in the movies is Alan Rickman as Snape.
JKR: Yeah, definitely.
SU: How- he’s so good. How soon did you tell him about his character? I mean, how much did he know? Did he know?
JKR: He knew very early on that he’d been in love with Lily, because I told him so. (SU sighs) We needed to have a conversation early on. He needed to understand, I think, and does completely understand and did completely understand where this bitterness towards this boy who’s living of her preference for another man came from. (JN: Yeah.) (MA: Hmm...) Yeah, I told him that. He was the only person who knew that for a long, long time.
SU: That’s amazing.
JKR: Yep.
SU: He’s so good. You know, Snape is so amazing, was he truly meant to be in Slytherin, Snape?
JKR: Yes, God, yes, definitely, at the time that he was sorted. I believe what Dumbledore believes when he says to Snape in the very last book, “Sometimes I think we sort too soon.” To judge someone at the age of eleven, to judge them, to set their future course so young seems to me to be a very harsh thing to do. And it doesn’t take into account the fact that we do change and evolve. A lot of people are at forty what they were at eleven, having said that, so I think Sorting Hat is shrewd, but Snape does redeem himself and (SU: Yeah.) it fails to take that into account. But then again, you could turn that on his head and say, “But maybe, with these people being sorted into Slytherin, someone who has the capacity to change themselves might also have the capacity to change Slytherin.”

Edited by Ida59 - 6/1/2008, 14:56

Web  Top
137 replies since 19/10/2007, 12:28   3543 views