Il Calderone di Severus

Interviste varie, (link, trascrizioni e traduzioni in italiano)

« Older   Newer »
selmacausi
view post Posted on 30/12/2006, 17:34

Dopo immense fatiche ho ricostruito la lista delle interviste presenti in questa discussione.

Vi ricordo che le traduzioni sono sempre bene accette così come l'inserimento di altre interviste non presenti.

Ogni volta che inserite una traduzione o una nuova intervista o entrambe siete pregati di comunicarmelo, così aggiorno la lista coi nuovi link.

Grazie a tutti per la collaborazione!

halfbloodprincess78/Mod Globale

"DON'T FENCE ME IN..." SAYS ALAN RICKMAN SarahGristwood
RSC News - Spring 1986
Traduzione

VILLAIN WITH A VOICE OF HONEY (1990)By James Delingpole (seconda intervista del messaggio) Traduzione

MUCH MORE THAN A VILLAIN.... By Steven Rea, (Philadelphia Inquirer, May 26, 1991) Traduzione

Alan Rickman on Arsenio Hall (1991) Seconda intervista del messaggio Traduzione

GOOD MORNING AMERICA - INTERVIEW (June 1991) Traduzione

TOUGH ACTOR TO FOLLOW By Ann McFerran (Entertainment Weekly August 8, 1991) (Traduzione)

Rickman's Worth by Sean FrenchUK GQ - September 1991 Seconda intervista del messaggio (Traduzione)

TRULY, MADLY RICKMAN (by Alison Graham 1991) Traduzione

TRULY MADLY DEEPLY VILLAINOUS By Hilary De Vries (Boston Globe Magazine, November 1991) (Traduzione)

RICKMAN'S WORTH by Ann McFarron(Elle, Feb 1992)
Traduzione

Evil Elegance by John Lahr (Lear's Magazine - 1992) Traduzione

Da GQ Magazine ( Marzo 1992) Traduzione

THE LEADING MAN By Lesley White (British GQ July, 1992) Traduzione

Difficult, what me?(The Observer Review January 1995)
Traduzione

ANGEL WITH HORNS By Suzie Mackenzie - The Guardian - Saturday January 3, 1998

WINTER GUEST: INTERVIEW WITH ALAN RICKMAN (1998)Star Interview - Prairie Miller -1st January 1998 - Traduzione

ALAN RICKMAN - WHY IS THIS SUAVE, MELLIFLOUS ENGLISHMAN ALWAYS THE BAD GUY? by Karen Moline (Mirabella 1999) Traduzione

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (December 21, 1999) Traduzione

Alan Rickman ruler of stage and screen Arena (June 2001) Traduzione

Hard Talk
Tim Sebastian interviews Alan Rickman (November 2001)
Traduzione

Cinemania; intervista del 2002 Traduzione

Charlie Rose:Original transcript of a TV interview (June 7, 2002) Traduzione Video

Intervista ad Alan Rickman dal Festival del cinema di Mar del Plata, 2004 Traduzione

Something The Lord Made (2004)- Intervista dell'HBO all'uscita del film - Traduzione

Interview with an Alan Rickman impersonator (2006) - Traduzione

Article written by Jackie McGlone in the "Scotsman" (30/07/06) :A man for all seasons Traduzione

Interview about "Sweeney Todd" and "Harry Potter" of November 2007 :QUESTION: WAS THE THOUGHT OF SINGING INTERESTING TO YOU? WAS THAT WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THE PROJECT? Traduzione

Interview about "Sweeney Todd" and "Harry Potter" of November 2007 :QUESTION: WAS THE THOUGHT OF SINGING INTERESTING TO YOU? WAS THAT WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THE PROJECT? BIS

Intervista Sweeney Tood (11/07) Traduzione

Interview of the "Baltimore Broadwayworld.com (11/12/07) Traduzione

Interview of "Darkhorizons.com" (12/12/07) Traduzione

Alan Rickman interwiew (2008?)

Isle of Wight Radio's John Hannam Meets Alan Rickman Archive (2008) Traduzione

Rickman, the epitome of Englishness by Kelly Jane Torrance - The Washington Times - Friday, August 8, 2008 Traduzione

Intervista Tor Movies Online (2008)

The Reclutant Villain (2009) Traduzione

Master of the Dark Arts (Mensile Saga, 2009) Traduzione

Intervista ad Alan Rickman durante la visita in Georgia 2009 + video ( Inglese e Italiano)

Love, Marriage, and Cruelty: Alan Rickman Explains Strindberg’s 'Creditors' (2010)

Alan Rickman English actor and director Alan Rickman stars in The Song Of Lunch. Here, he explains what drew him to the drama (2010) Traduzione

Intervista di Alan Rickman al Festival del Teatro Romano di Volterra (2010- Video)

Rickman, the epitome of Englishness (8/8/2010)Traduzione

Alan Rickman Skips Die Hard, Talks About The Theatah at BAM (Feb 9, 2011) Traduzione

PLAYBILL'S BRIEF ENCOUNTER With Seminar and "Harry Potter" Star Alan Rickman By Harry Haun (26 Nov 2011) - Traduzione

Alan Rickman: from Shakespeare to Snape.(November 29, 2011)
Audio + trascrizione Traduzione

Alan Rickman, Corrupt Banker in Ibsen's John Gabriel Borkman (2011) Traduzione

Seminar’s Hamish Linklater Opens Up About His Life in the Theater and How Actors Are Like Alcoholics (Josh Ferri February 20, 2012) Traduzione

28Febbraio 2012- The View (video)

Alan Rickman - Charlie Rose Interview 28.2.12 (video)

ALAN RICKMAN joins StarTalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson (video- 2012)

promo Snow Cake + intervista ad Alan Rickman

Intervista audio Empire Podcast 2015

Intervista per Magazine Russo ( Agosto 2015)
Traduzione + Audio

Chardonnay with Alan Rickman by Mary Melton, 14 gennaio 2016
Traduzione

vi mando questo link.

intervista con Alan rickman su Snowcake e OOTP

non sono sicura che si dovesse aprire un nuovo topic.

Scusatemi sono tarda a capire come funziona il forum!

Edited by Giulia Nerucci - 2/10/2022, 01:21

view post Posted on 30/12/2006, 18:52

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Va benissimo Selma, basta che nel titolo si capisca di cosa si tratta.

E' la solita intervista che cerco di scaricare sul mio PC: hai idea di come posso fare?

Grazie.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 10/1/2007, 12:22

Pozionista con esperienza

Group:
Harry Potter Fan

Aggiungo i promo di Snow Cake e un'altra intervista ad Alan, da YouTube:

Rigorosamente in inglese!

view post Posted on 10/1/2007, 13:20

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ma quante deliziose faccine sa fare Alan!!!

Vi prego, ditemi come si fa a scaricare queste due interviste sul mio PC!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 23/8/2007, 12:04

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ecco un'intrevista che mi è stata appena segnalata e che, pur non essendo recentissima (è del 21/3/2004, quando Alan era al Festival cinematografico di Mar del Plata), per me è però "nuova"

TRADUZIONE in Italiano

Ecco la traduzione in inglese.

Alan Rickman: “I’d rather starve to death than to act for money”.

The actor built his career both in Hollywood and in indie movies.

Pedro Squillaci/Escenario

Silver Sea (Special sender) – Alan Rickman, one of the most famous stars in the Silver Sea festival, said that he’s not interested in winning an Oscar and preferred not to give any further details on his character in Harry Potter until the saga finishes.

- Forgive me Mr Rickman, I don’t speak English...

- You forgive me, cause I can’t speak Spanish.

The first dialog, in a basic English, happened in the Hotel Hermitage’s bar, between the daily La Capital and the British actor in an interview before the masterclass of the responsible for giving life to the enigmatic professor Snape in the “Harry Potter” film saga. The courtesy gesture is not a minor thing. It’s a sample of the typic British gentlemen gentleness, even if he refuses this denomination. “British are Churchill and Lennon, and I don’t see any similarity between them.”, he said.

The actor never looked at his watch during the whole interview, explained himself for the time he considered necessary for each question and made sure that the translator understood every detail of his explanation. Plus, he asked the photographer very kindly – and with a smile – not to take more photos because he couldn’t focus in the answers.

He left pretty clear some basic questions. Affirmed that he doesn’t dream in winning an Oscar, nether believes that any of the “Harry Potter” movies will ever be as prized as “Lord of the Rings” was. And about his character in that saga he said: “I can’t talk about Snape, because Harry Potter hasn’t finish yet”. Acting is his passion and he explained it like this: “ I dedicated myself to acting because I felt it was something I did better than other things. But I never acted for money, and I’m sure that I would never do it, I would rather starve to death instead”.

- You participated in “Die Hard”, “Sense and Sensibility” and “Harry Potter”, what elements did you consider to act in films with such different characteristics?

- There are thing that you can measure and others you can’t. One can measure a good script, but not always can see how that text adapts to the character.

- Have you ever privileged the economic over the acting?

- No, I’d rather starve to death. I’ve had a lot of luck because I’ve always done the works that I’ve wanted. But, like all other actors in their careers, I’ve had long periods in my life that I had no work.

- Why did you choose acting, what triggered you to this profession?

- It’s like an impulsion one fells. It’s not something that a person gets up in the morning and decides to be an actor. It’s the same way that a painter, a singer, a tennis player fells, if you want it. It’s that thing that one knows that it can do better than other people do and it’s the best that comes from him. Before I became an actor I studied graphic design.

- The elaboration process of a movie is enjoyed or suffered until it’s premiere?

- You’re asking me as a director or as an actor?

- If you could be kind to tell us both ways.

- As a director I have only one movie, “The Winter Guest”, staring Emma Thompson and her mother the actress Phyllida Law, and the good thing about it is that one doesn’t have to go through makeup sessions (laughs). As an actor, each project is different, and is determined by a different text and a different director. One thing that is always the same and never changes is that one knows that he is surrounded by experts, that have the movie in their heads. But I highlight the need for discipline overall.

- Why do you highlight that?

- There are actors that don’t like to rehearsal. And I believe strongly in the need for rehearsals. The true freedom comes from discipline. To be professional is to get to the set ready and play it’s own keys. The directors virtue is to play the keys that one didn’t know it had. One is it’s own instrument and that instrument changes all the time. Discipline has a lunatic food which are the director and the actors, on the other hand one has like that great cushion or shock absorber, that gives him endorsement to all the process of the film. Anyway, sometimes I think that the theater is a more solitary place.

- Have you ever had to compose a character so complicated to approach that you said “this is not for me, I’ll leave it”?

- I don’t fear the subjects, I made a character in theater in “Les Lieson Dangerouse” that was a character completely immoral until the last three minutes of the piece. This character, Valmont, admits it’s errors in his death stream bed. I found out that to play such a self destructive character for such a long time is something too dangerous to face. Part of the problem in being an actor is that one knows that the acting is a simulation but you simulate from the neck up the rest you can’t simulate. One can suffer damages.

- Do you dream in winning an Oscar?

- No, absolutely not.

- You turn more for the independent cinema or the north American film industry?

- My career was intended to survive both fields. Unfortunately people who do independent cinema when need money have to resort to investors, and these last ones are the ones who decide who will be part of the movie. Because if there isn’t that one actor surely there isn’t the money either. I think that this is something completely foolish and is like a prison to independent directors. But, well, life’s like this.

- What attracts you more in your character Snape?

- I won’t talk about Snape because the story isn’t over yet.

- Do you think that like “Lord of the Rings” had it’s recognition by the academy, “Harry Potter” will also get it’s turn?

- I don’t believe that it will win as much Oscars, unless they have a continuation of seven films. But when it’s a product so oriented to children one is dealing with a different animal, a distinct product. Nevertheless, there’s a fantastic work done by both cinematography experts and production designers in these movies, that work should have it’s recognition.

- Have you ever done testimonial films, of political sort?

- Every time one comes out to the scenario it’s a political act. I was never offer a part as a construction worker or a mine worker who suffered (or supported, I’m not sure) Margaret Thatcher’s operating policies. But in fact, I would do a character like that, I have hope that some day I’ll do it. The important thing isn’t the character but what is written.

- Is there a special subject that you would like to get involved with?

- A subject like Malvinas I would get involved. We suffered a lot because of that in England, and I imagine that you have suffered the same or even more in this country. But I would do it in the present not like a trip to the pass.

- Did you know Argentinean cinema?

- When I saw “Memorias del saqueo”(something like,Memories of sacking) by Pino Solanas I measured my own ignorance. It would be good if Pino made a film on Tony Blair. It’s more, I’ve already said it.

- Do you take every directors’ orders that you work with, or, with your experience, you suggest ideas and ask for your time?

- To take is to obey. The truth is that I don’t like the word obey. But I’m accustomed to act with directors of different nationalities and the truth is they’re not that different. “We’re worried” and “We’re out of money” are two sentences that always sound in film sets. Sometimes one has to ask for 30 seconds of concentration. Concentration is the most powerful weapon an actor has. Other times one has to say “Hey, there’s a person here, one moment”. But if I worked with Fellini I would surely do everything he asked me to. (laughs)"

Edited by chiara53 - 22/6/2022, 18:14

Web  Top
BestiolinaRara
view post Posted on 26/8/2007, 21:41

si la lessi questa intervista....BELLISSIMA!!!!!!!!anke xkè essendo spagnola... :wub:

Edited by chiara53 - 7/4/2015, 15:40

view post Posted on 28/11/2007, 10:25

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ecco una recentissima intervista su Sweeny Tood, dove si parla anche di HP6 e l'intervistatore dice che ci sarà "molto Snape" in quel film.
Rickman non conferma nè smentisce e dice solo che lui comincerà a girare solo a gennaio.
Dice anche che, per la prima volta, potrà recitare la parte di Snape sapendo esattamente le motivazioni che spingono il personaggio, perchè ha già letto il 7° libro.
Ho evidenziato in neretto questyi pezzi.
Mi aspetto una scena grandiosa sulla torre... e poi la fuga e il duello con Harry con quel "Non chiamarmi vigliacco!"

Alla fine gli fa anche un a domanda su come si sente ad essere considerato un sex-symbol: è sottolineato

qui la traduzione

Intervista Sweeny Tood 11/07
QUESTION: WAS THE THOUGHT OF SINGING INTERESTING TO YOU? WAS THAT WHAT ATTRACTED YOU TO THE PROJECT?
RICKMAN: Well, it was one of them. I suppose that it's in this life it's looking for the next high wire. So that was definitely one of them and then you just have to find out on a practical level if you can hit those notes. Some of them were a bit high. Then you've got to quickly find a singing teacher and work. So that was definitely an attraction.
QUESTION: HOW LONG DID YOU WORK WITH A COACH BEFOREHAND?
RICKMAN: I don't really remember. A while, maybe a month or so.
QUESTION: DO YOU ENJOY BEING THE REALLY BAD GUY OR DOES IT DEPRESS YOU IN A WAY?
RICKMAN: In this film? Well, who's bad or who's good, I don't judge the characters at all. I don't label them. And the bad guy never depresses me at all.
QUESTION: IS IT MORE FUN TO PLAY THE BAD GUY?
RICKMAN: Well, weirdly, I play it so rarely. I don't play it very often. It's just like maybe three times with big publicity budgets. But if you actually look at the work there's an awful lot of work there with no money for publicity and that. So if you look at it from that end of it, that end of the telescope and I'm looking down the other end of it. Indeed I have two other films coming out this year that are very different, but to me doing 'Sweeney Todd' was like, 'Whoa, this will be interesting.'
QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT MOVIES?
RICKMAN: One is at Sundance in January called 'Bottle Shock' and one opens in America in March called 'Nobel Son'.
QUESTION: WHAT SORTS OF CHARACTERS ARE THOSE?
RICKMAN: In 'Bottle Shock' I play somebody who's actually still alive. He's called Steven Spurrier and he's a wine expert and the film is about the true story of a 1976 blind wine tasting in Paris when the American wines beat the French with an all French jury. That's the story of it and we shot it in Sonoma which is where I've just come from.
QUESTION: SO THE ONLY EVIL PERSON IN THAT WOULD BE THE FRENCH?
RICKMAN: [laughs] I don't know. I think they're still cross. And the other one is an American winner of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. My son kidnaps me in order to hold me to ransom to get the money from Sweden.
QUESTION: IS THAT BASED ON A TRUE STORY?
RICKMAN: No.
QUESTION: WHAT'S IT LIKE WORKING ON A TIM BURTON SET WITH JOHNNY DEPP WHO'VE DONE SO MUCH TOGETHER?
RICKMAN: No sense of your invading private territory. It's completely shared and open and you all work on this piece of work together, particularly with Johnny because he's very much a team player. You've just got problems to solve. So the vision and the imagination and the drive and the energy which is one thing. You're like a sponge as an actor. You just pick up what's wanted, what the tone is you're aiming for. Then there are practical problems. If you've got to sing and you're shaved it's not going to help if you've got foam right over your mouth. The next time you see the film, if you see it again, you'll see that just as he puts that stuff around my mouth I go like that so that when I open my mouth there's nothing on the lips. But it took a while to figure out how we were going to get around this. I'd be spitting it all the time.
QUESTION: IT LOOKED FANTASTIC. WAS IT ALL SHOT INSIDE?
RICKMAN: Indoors. All of Fleet Street was indoors, yeah.
QUESTION: WHAT WAS THE SET LIKE?
RICKMAN: I'm very connected to The Royal Academy where I trained and I rang them up and said, 'You've got to get the technical students down here to have a look at this. They won't see this again.' It was unbelievable craftsmanship and womenship on that set. It was amazing. Because of the bleaching out process you don't see so much of the detail that we saw and the clothes and everything. I mean, it's right that he did that so that you get that kind of dark sense of the world, but the actual detail of a sign over a door or what's going on in a shop window was phenomenal. It's just like food for your imagination which is what Tim said.
QUESTION: DID YOU RECORD YOUR SONGS WITH JOHNNY IN THE STUDIO TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY?
RICKMAN: Separately because they've got to have control, especially in a duet where they want to turn one up and one down. So it's a little odd to do that. The first time that we sang it together was miming it together [laughs]. But I could see why. All I did was say, 'Please could I go second so that I can hear him.' I know that he would have the lighter voice and he drives it so I needed to know what train I was jumping on. That sort of thing.
QUESTION: AS AN ACTOR GIVING A VOCAL PERFORMANCE, DO YOU CONSIDER IT ACTUALLY SINGING OR IS IT SORT OF AN EXTENSION OF THE ROLE THAT YOUR PLAYING, PART OF THE CHARACTER?
RICKMAN: That. But of course at the same time you don't want to flat or sharp or any of those awful things. So you've got to be singing too.
QUESTION: HAVE YOU SEEN A PRODUCTION OF 'SWEENEY TODD' BEFORE?
RICKMAN: One, two years ago in New York. It was the one where they all played musical instruments as the orchestra which was brilliant, but totally different of course.
QUESTION: SO THAT HAD NO BEARING ON WHAT YOU WERE DOING WITH THIS.
RICKMAN: None.
QUESTION: HOW DID YOUR WORK SCHEDULE PLAY INTO THE NEXT 'HARRY POTTER' FILM? DID YOU GO FROM ONE TO THE OTHER OR DID THEY OVERLAP AT ALL? I KNOW THAT IN 'HALF-BLOOD PRINCE' THERE'S A LOT OF SNAPE AND SO I WOULD IMAGINE THERE'S A LOT FOR YOU TO DO IN THAT FILM?
RICKMAN: Yeah, but they still have to get inside a certain period of time. I do seven weeks.
I can't even remember when we shot the last one so I think – we shot 'Sweeney Todd' this year – it was over a year ago that I did 'Order of the Phoenix'.
QUESTION: SO YOU HAVEN'T STARTED ON THE NEXT ONE?
RICKMAN: They're doing it already. I start at the end of January.

QUESTION: HAD YOU SUNG BEFORE?
RICKMAN: Well, yes, in the sense that you come out of drama school and you're in 'Guys and Dolls' and God knows what in regional theatre. Then when I did 'Private Lives' in London and on Broadway I sang a little. Well, Lindsay Duncan and I sang one Noel Coward song onstage, but it was so much part of the action that it wasn't like, 'And now we're going to sing.' So it's not quite the same as this, but yeah, I had a little bit before.
QUESTION: DO YOU ENJOY SINGING?
RICKMAN: I do. I'm only thinking about that because since the movie I kept up the singing lessons because it helps an enormous amount with speaking, one discovers. I have an incredibly sarcastic singing teacher and so when I say I enjoy it, he's so rude that it's sort of masochism. But I know something is happening that's making speaking better and breathing because it's just basically reminding me to breathe. Sometimes you forget to do that. It's great to find a discipline and work it.
QUESTION: IS IT POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE COULD CONVINCE YOU TO GO ONSTAGE AND DO IT?
RICKMAN: Yeah, anything is possible. It just would have to depend on how high the notes are. That's what we're working on now, pulling that range up a bit.
QUESTION: ARE YOU A FAN OF THE BARBER CHAIR YOURSELF? IT LOOKS VERY SCARY. HAVE YOU HAD A REAL LIFE SHAVE?
RICKMAN: Once or twice, in one's life. I'm like most men. One's a bad shaver in the morning because you've only got three minutes to get out the door. So it's not a great skill.
QUESTION: A BIT OF BLOOD?
RICKMAN: Some blood. Then of course you've got three minutes to get out the door and now you have a piece of tissue paper stuck to you. It's the usual chaotic scene, I'm afraid.
QUESTION: WILL 'HARRY POTTER' BE AFFECTED BY THE SAG STRIKE AT ALL?
RICKMAN: No. It's written already, something like that.
QUESTION: THAT'LL COVER THE WRITER'S GUILD.
RICKMAN: Well, if the actor's come out then we'll be out, I suppose.
QUESTION: DON'T THEY USUALLY TAKE ABOUT NINE MONTHS TO FINISH THOSE FILMS?
RICKMAN: Watch the space, literally.
QUESTION: WITHOUT ANY SPOILERS THIS FILM DOES HAVE SOME SNAPES' BIG MOMENT.
RICKMAN: Well that's a spoiler, isn't it.
QUESTION: ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT WITHOUT SAYING WHAT IT IS?
RICKMAN: Well, the only thing that I'll say is that for the first time shooting those films I know what I'm doing and why.
QUESTION: HAVE YOU READ AHEAD?
RICKMAN: That's what I mean by that.
QUESTION: YOU'VE READ THE SEVENTH BOOK?
RICKMAN: That's what I mean by that [laughs].

QUESTION: AS THE END OF THOSE THINGS DO YOU REGARD THAT WITH EITHER RELIEF OR SADNESS?
RICKMAN: It's a unique experience. I mean, where else is film history going to watch three kids grow up and the films actually growing up with them.
QUESTION: ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THAT?
RICKMAN: I do the best that I can [laughs]. I'm very proud to be involved in it and part of world history.
QUESTION: ARE YOU COMFORTABLE WITH THE SEX SYMBOL STATUS THAT'S COME ALONG WITH THAT BECAUSE THERE'VE BEEN BLOG GROUPS OF WOMEN TALKING ABOUT YOU IN THAT SENSE?
RICKMAN: The world is weird. This is the thing. This is why 'Sweeney Todd' has only ever been relevant because there are apparently – I haven't looked – websites now where grown, mostly women, write porn and putting those characters together. So, 'Sweeney Todd' is a smallfry to the idea of that going on and this isn't even being done covertly. They have conventions and things.
QUESTION: HAVE YOU HAD ANY STRANGE ENCOUNTERS WITH THOSE FANS OR NOT?
RICKMAN: I think that every actor has.
QUESTION: CAN YOU TALK ABOUT IT OR NOT?
RICKMAN: No. I don't want to encourage it.

QUESTION: YOU DIRECTED SOME STAGE WORK. I SEE THAT YOU DID 'MY NAME IS RACHEL CORRIE'. DID THAT HAVE THE SAME SORT OF CONTROVERSY HERE AS IT DID IN THE U.S. WHEN THEY TRIED TO MOUNT IT?
RICKMAN: Well, we did it here first and because it was such a success here the New York production was important that it happened especially because, of course, she was American and it's part of the current American history. So it was very important that it go there. The controversy was the same everywhere. There were always people standing outside the theatre handing out leaflets. Fair enough. Everybody can have their point of view, but it usually drifted away eventually when people actually bothered to read it or come and see it rather than making assumptions.
QUESTION: WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE THAT FURTHER INTO MOVIES, OR DIRECTING IN GENERAL?
RICKMAN: I did direct a movie which I'm very proud of called 'The Winter Guest' and now I look with horror and find out that it was ten years ago. How did that happen? Because you get caught up in movies and making them and you're time gets eaten up.
QUESTION: AND DIRECTING PLAYS DOESN'T FILL THE SAME SPACE?
RICKMAN: Well, no, because you direct a movie and that's a year or so of your life. Pre-production. Shooting the movie is a short period of time. Before it and after it is what eats it up. But I do have plans to direct again. It's just organizing your day.
QUESTION: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT WOULD BE?
RICKMAN: I do, yeah. One completely original script called 'A Little Chaos' which is about the building of a fountain at the court of Louis the XIIII in Versailles. Then another one I don't think I can talk about because I haven't had the meeting in New York yet, but that's happening next week while we do the premiere.

Edited by Arwen68 - 24/6/2022, 12:05

Web  Top
Always...
view post Posted on 28/11/2007, 13:05

Grande! Grazie, Ida!

QUESTION: ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT WITHOUT SAYING WHAT IT IS?
RICKMAN: Well, the only thing that I'll say is that for the first time shooting those films I know what I'm doing and why.
QUESTION: HAVE YOU READ AHEAD?
RICKMAN: That's what I mean by that.
QUESTION: YOU'VE READ THE SEVENTH BOOK?
RICKMAN: That's what I mean by that [laughs].
:D :D :D :D

view post Posted on 1/5/2009, 11:23

Pozionista abile

Group:

Ed ecco un'altra deliziosa, recente intervista in cui Alan parla dei suoi lavori passati, dei suoi impegni futuri (come Alice nel paese delle meraviglie) e del fatto che abbia intenzione di lavorare ancora per molto tempo... per nostra somma gioia!! :lol:

La segnalazione proviene dalla lista AR Italia

The Reluctant Villain

Traduzione

Posted on April 28, 2009
Author Zelda Cunningham

Zelda Cunningham speaks to legendary actor, Alan Rickman about Severus Snape, Sense and Sensibility and great big smoking caterpillars.

“WHERE ARE YOU getting this from? I have been acting for 35 years and those five or six roles make such a small part of my career!” Alan Rickman reposts a question about his penchant for playing so many villains. While it is true that after exiting the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), Rickman has acted in a variety of roles from Shakespeare’s Tibalt to Colonel Brandon in Sense and Sensibility, his more sinister portrayals seem to burn their way into audience’s memories. And sitting in front of a mass of students in Theatre P in the Newman Building, there is a distinct air of Severus Snape in Rickman’s demeanour.

He is restrained, almost hesitant and his trademark deep voice is slow and pounding and slightly unnerving while answering questions. As with his onscreen persona, Rickman possesses a refined sophistication – his manner of speaking is eloquent, almost poetic and is interspersed with a wry wit which ignites the fixated audience into intermitted bouts of uproarious laughter.

When Otwo meets the actor in the, admittedly fitting surrounds of the darkened Arts Block ‘exit’ corridors, Rickman is keen to point out that his acting résumé far exceeds the remit of a suave arrogance of Hans Gruber or the devious Sheriff of Nottingham. “When selecting roles, you just try and do what you didn’t just do.”

It seems to be with this mantra in tow that Rickman chose his next role – a caterpillar. Rickman explains that he has joined the macabre circus that is Tim Burton’s distorted adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s fantastical tale, Alice in Wonderland, having worked with the eccentric director in the grisly musical, Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

Rickman explains that, as seems to be the norm with Burton, production for this work is nothing short of surreal. “Well, I believe what is going to happen is it will be my head on an animated caterpillar. I mean, Tim Burton just has a mind like a fairground. I aim to do everything he ever does. I am a crawling sycophant to him!”

Alice in Wonderland is set to be released in 2010, but Rickman relays the difficulties of working on a child’s film by saying, “Well, we’re fighting with Disney at the moment… They are worried about having a character [the caterpillar] that smokes,” he adds, dramatically rolling his eyes to heaven.

From the surreal to biographical depictions, Rickman is versed (and critically lauded) for his metamorphosis and cohesion when he takes on a role. However, with certain roles, Rickman discovered that treading carefully is necessary to avoid unwanted controversy.

In discussing Neil Jordan’s controversial Michael Collins, Rickman confirms that despite malaise about the film’s depiction of Eamonn DeValera, he had no intention of rendering him the villain that many argue he was seen as.

Rickman, whose father is Irish, recalls during a read through of the script, Jordan approached him and inquired, ‘do you hate him [DeValera] yet?’ Rickman denies that he chose to play the former-Taoiseach and president in a negative light and counteracts criticisms that DeValera was portrayed as being linked to Collins’ assassination.

“Of course with roles like that, there is a certain delicacy you must apply, but I don’t think that the film indicated that DeValera had any influence in Collins’ death.”

Historical adaptations will undoubtedly be problematic for any actor, but trying to immerse oneself in a role that millions of people know and love (or indeed hate) is even more perilous.

“I like limitations. They are good for a role. They help apply imagination to the story, like with my rubber head in Galaxy Quest”

When it was decided to adapt the Harry Potter books onto the silver screen, the author of the works, J. K. Rowling reportedly was adamant that Rickman played the sinister Severus Snape, the seeming nemesis of the hero wizard, Harry Potter.

However despite the author’s support, Rickman explains that he was somewhat dubious about taking on a character with such a weighted fan-base.

“I said to Jo Rowling, ‘Look, I can’t play him unless I know him’. She then gave me this elliptical piece of information that I didn’t really understand at first. It was information she hadn’t told anyone else, not even her sister, but it gave me what I needed to take on Snape.”

Despite obtaining much the much coveted ‘inside scoop’, his interpretation of character so renowned could have been very ill-received. Thankfully, this was not the case and fans of the books have intertwined the cinematic and literary versions of Severus Snape into one being.

Another work which Rickman was apprehensive about taking on was in his role as the dignified, noble Colonel Brandon in adaptation of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility.

“I was very wary about it. I happen to love Jane Austen. When I first read her work, it was that type of moment where you wanted to show it to people and tell them how beautiful it is,” he explains.

“It was challenging, especially with the period clothes. You have to wear them for weeks, just practising how to walk and bow… and learning how to go to the bathroom. But I like limitations. They are good for a role. They help apply imagination to the story,” Rickman continues, before drolly adding, “Like with my rubber head in Galaxy Quest.”

Unlike many actors of such a profile, Rickman has managed to leave the theatrics and drama on the film side and has retained a relatively private life beyond the limelight. Until Otwo almost trampled his wife in said blackened hallway, I was unsure if Rickman was even married. However, being the face of the most famous film saga does tend to attract some attention, yet nothing compared to that of other celebrities.

“Fame is all relative. I mean, when you are with Johnny Depp (who Rickman starred with in Sweeney Todd and in the upcoming Alice and Wonderland), you realise ‘I’ve nothing to worry about,” he says, “I mean, sometimes I even fly economy!”

“When you live in London, as I do, being famous isn’t really a problem. People just stare at the pavement so they don’t really come up to you. In New York, weirdly, there is no class system. People just walk past you and say ‘like your work’, directly and honestly and walk on. But it difficult being famous and when you’re English.
There is an idea that you have to get back in your little bus. ‘Get back in your box’ should be the national emblem.”

And nothing puts you ‘back in your box’ like negative critical reaction to your work. Although it is impossible to ignore the reflection of a mirror held up to an actor as an artist, Rickman remains unaffected by reviews.

“I remember reading a review of saying that I had a voice that sounded like it came out of the backend of a drainpipe. There is always going to be someone who hated you in print. You just cannot let it affect you,” says Rickman.

Inevitably, with any art form, the worst criticisms are often self-inflicted. Rickman admits that he is his own harshest critic and therefore cannot bring himself to watch his own work.

“I never watch [my films]. Genuinely, I’m not just saying it. All I can see is my mistakes. In theatre, I can’t watch myself or be objective, so it suits me better in some ways.”

Having commenced his career in theatres, Rickman has an enduring affinity for the stage. He expresses an interest in focusing more on this side of acting and directing in the future.

In 2005, Rickman directed the critically acclaimed My Name Is Rachel Corrie, a play bases on the diaries of a 23-year-old American woman who died after being hit by an Israeli bulldozer. The play debuted at the Royal Court Theatre, London, where Rickman was honoured with by audiences who gave him the Theatre Goers’ Choice Awards for best director.

His enthusiasm for more unusual roles on screen (Dogma, Galaxy Quest and indeed Alice and Wonderland), seems to also translate itself to theatre roles.

“I love new writing. I love seeing what’s going on in a writers head and you go, ‘Where the hell did that come from?!” Rickman says excitedly.

For an actor who was accused of being typecast as a villain, on closer reflection Rickman is a paradox of stability yet versatility. Despite being at retirement age, it seems clear that he has no intention of limiting his theatrical scope.

When Otwo asks the actor if, after 35-years, he grows weary of the centre stage he replies, “No, life has shifting horizons so you might as well keep swimming.”

Alan Rickman received the Literary and Historical Society’s (L&H) James Joyce Award last month.

www.universityobserver.ie/2009/04/2...uctant-villain/

Edited by chiara53 - 23/6/2022, 18:17

view post Posted on 5/5/2009, 10:22

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ecco la trascrizione (in inglese) dell'intervista Macking of Snow Cake.
Trovate oltre 80 belle caps del video: cliccate sopra e l'immagine si ingrandisce.
Ci sono caps (una ventina) anche tratte dal film.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 9/5/2009, 10:44

Pozionista abile

Group:

Grazie Ida, questa intervista è una perla, sempre godibile da rivedere e chi non ha avuto modo di gustarsela ancora lo faccia subito e la salvi tra le vere chicche della collezione Rickman! :P

view post Posted on 7/5/2010, 10:33

Pozionista abile

Group:

Godetevi questo talk di Alan, registrato a NY, dove si trova tuttora per Creditors e in cui anticipa che molto probabilmente nel 2011, tornerà sul palco come attore proprio al BAM di New York ( e non capisco perchè non a Londraaaa!!! aaaarrrgghhh :furia: )
(Fonte AR Italia, grazie a Daniela per la segnalazione!)

Love, Marriage, and Cruelty: Alan Rickman Explains Strindberg’s 'Creditors'

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

By Sarah Montague

The packed house at BAM's Harvey Theater was probably eager to have a look at the protean actor whose dulcet malevolence has brought many nasty characters to life, including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films, the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and terrorist Hans Gruber in Die Hard. But Alan Rickman was just as wily and entertaining as the director of Strindberg’s “relentless” (his words) marriage a trois, in a conversation with the New York Public Library’s Paul Holdengraber.

Bon Mots

On Creditors appeal: "I think the reason people are enjoying it so much is—they’re seeing their own marriages.”

On Directors: “The directors you trust the most are the ones, when you ask them a question, they’ve got the guts to say, ‘I don’t know.’”

On Directing: "I have three great racehorses on stage, and I’m sort of reining them in, and kicking them on, at the same time. It’s an impossible aim, really. But then so is acting."

Qui potete ascoltare l'audio

Edited by halfbloodprincess78 - 4/12/2012, 17:57

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 7/5/2010, 13:42

CITAZIONE (Ele Snapey @ 7/5/2010, 11:33)
Godetevi questo talk di Alan, registrato a NY, dove si trova tuttora per Creditors e in cui anticipa che molto probabilmente nel 2011, tornerà sul palco come attore proprio al BAM di New York ( e non capisco perchè non a Londraaaa!!! aaaarrrgghhh :furia: )
(Fonte AR Italia, grazie a Daniela per la segnalazione!)

Sembra che preferisca New York a Londra, speriamo non ci si trasferisca in pianta stabile, comunque sono disposta a seguirlo anche oltreoceano pur di vederlo! :wub: :wub: :wub:

view post Posted on 7/9/2010, 13:24

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ecco una recentissima intervista.

Rickman, the epitome of Englishness 8/8/2010

By Kelly Jane Torrance - The Washington Times

British researchers announced this spring that they had used a mathematical formula to determine the ideal human voice. The well-known actors who came closest to having the perfect male voice, they declared, were Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman.
Mr. Rickman, speaking by telephone from New York, hadn't heard of this research. He didn't sound much impressed by it, either.
"All I can say is you probably know only too well that we hear our own voices completely different to the way other people hear them," he says. "Watching a film I've been in is a painful experience. I think, 'That isn't what I was doing.'"
Mr. Rickman has been a fixture on the big screen since he made his feature-film debut in 1988's "Die Hard" as the deliciously evil mastermind Hans Gruber. Though some seem to think he specializes in villains - he also was memorable as the Sheriff of Nottingham in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" - he has played just about every type of role. He was a romantic lead in Anthony Minghella's debut "Truly Madly Deeply" and the Jane Austen adaptation "Sense and Sensibility." He was the Spock-type character in the parody "Galaxy Quest." He's portrayed the ambiguous Professor Severus Snape in all the Harry Potter films.
He even made his first musical last year with "Sweeney Todd." Given that he's not too fond of his own voice, one has to wonder if the actor found the experience just a little scary.
"I like scary," he responds. "It reminds you that you're still alive."
Mr. Rickman plays a real-life figure in his latest film, which opened in theaters this week. "Bottle Shock" is about the famous Judgment of Paris wine tasting in 1976 in which California red and white wines beat their French counterparts in a blind taste test by French judges. The film focuses on the white wines, and Bill Pullman and Chris Pine play the father and son whose Napa Valley winery is struggling to survive.
The best part of the film, though, is Mr. Rickman's Steven Spurrier. The English wine expert has a wine store in Paris and organizes the tasting at the urging of an American friend who thinks California wines are ready for the world stage. The snobbish Mr. Spurrier doesn't expect them to beat the tradition-soaked French grapes. Old World meets New World in an age-old story of culture clash.
"You've got an immediately visual parallel," Mr. Rickman notes. "There they are in jeans, straw hanging out of their mouths almost, and me, an alien, arriving in suit and tie with a briefcase and not changing, even though it's 100 degrees out. That kind of English stupidity is fun to play."
Mr. Rickman is one of those English actors who seems to ooze Englishness. The snobby type he plays in "Bottle Shock" is a long way from his own humble, working-class background, however. "The English class system has rich pickings in terms of characters to play," Mr. Rickman says. That class system flourishes even today, he says, though a lot has changed since he was born in London in 1946.
"If you think back to what happened in the '60s, when suddenly it became fashionable to speak with a Liverpool or cockney accent, young English people formed a kind of new aristocracy, I suppose. And certainly politically, it's no good anymore just having the gentry running the country," he says. "But one's still aware of it in economic terms."
The snobbish Mr. Spurrier turns out to be one of the heroes of this story, helping open up an entire industry to Americans.
"It has an amazing response from audiences," Mr. Rickman says of the film. "It doesn't have to be an audience that gives two hoots about wine, because the story's about more than that. It's very timely, I think. It's good for America to celebrate."
Mr. Rickman is considering buying a place in the United States because he spends so much time in Manhattan and says, "I love New York, and I'm immensely grateful to America." He's heading back to London at the end of the week, though, to direct August Strindberg's "Creditors" at the Donmar Warehouse. After that, he'll begin work on his second film as director, an adaptation of Elizabeth Bowen's 1935 novel "The House in Paris."
His directorial debut was 1997's "The Winter Guest," which won a number of awards at international film festivals. He got some very special insight into the craft from Mr. Minghella, who died earlier this year. Has he sometimes thought of the great director in the months since his death?
"Not just sometimes. He was a huge figure in mine and many other people's lives," he says. Mr. Minghella loved to encourage other talents, and his death opens up a great vacuum, Mr. Rickman says.
"When I came to direct film for the first time, he let me sit in the editing room with him and Walter Murch when they were cutting 'The English Patient.' It was an incredibly generous thing to do," he says. "I got a master class over the course of about a week."
He seems so busy, with work as an actor and director of stage and screen, one wonders if he ever takes a vacation. Not lately, he admits, but he makes the most of his shoots.
"We're very lucky as actors; we get to travel all over the place," he points out. "It wasn't like being in the Napa Valley was like a holiday, but it feeds your senses. That's what holidays are supposed to do as well."

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 7/9/2010, 15:05

CITAZIONE
British researchers announced this spring that they had used a mathematical formula to determine the ideal human voice. The well-Mr. Rickman has been a fixture on the big screenknown actors who came closest to having the perfect male voice, they declared, were Jeremy Irons and Alan Rickman.
Mr. Rickman, speaking by telephone from New York, hadn't heard of this research. He didn't sound much impressed by it, either.
"All I can say is you probably know only too well that we hear our own voices completely different to the way other people hear them," he says. "Watching a film I've been in is a painful experience. I think, 'That isn't what I was doing.'"

In effetti la propria voce suona diversa da come la sentono gli altri, ma la sua è proprio bella! :wub:

CITAZIONE
He even made his first musical last year with "Sweeney Todd." Given that he's not too fond of his own voice, one has to wonder if the actor found the experience just a little scary.
"I like scary," he responds. "It reminds you that you're still alive."

Concordo! -_-

CITAZIONE
The best part of the film, though, is Mr. Rickman's Steven Spurrier. The English wine exMrpert has a wine store in Paris and organizes the tasting at the urging of an American friend who thinks California wines are ready for the world stage. The snobbish Mr. Spurrier doesn't expect them to beat the tradition-soaked French grapes. Old World meets New World in an age-old story of culture clash.
"You've got an immediately visual parallel," Mr. Rickman notes. "There they are in jeans, straw hanging out of their mouths almost, and me, an alien, arriving in suit and tie with a briefcase and not changing, even though it's 100 degrees out. That kind of English stupidity is fun to play."

:woot: :woot: :woot:
un po' la stessa cosa d presentarsi completamente vestito in piscina! :fischia: :ph34r:
Bella intervista, alla fine gli chiedono se si prende mai una vacanza e lui risponde non di recente... ma venire in Italia non è stata una vacanza?! :blink: :unsure: :woot:

630 replies since 30/12/2006, 17:34   23725 views