Il Calderone di Severus

Alan Rickman at the Rose Theatre for the Genius of Christopher Marlowe (2009)

« Older   Newer »
mexsCH
view post Posted on 31/3/2019, 21:13 by: mexsCH

Sfascia-calderoni

Group:

programma del spettacolo:

programme and cast list:

0. Tamburlaine the Great I "If all the pens that ever poets held..." speech read in echo by both actors as the film's prologue. Tamburlaine Judi Dench
Derek Jacobi
1. Hero and Leander The beautiful Leander is described by the poet. Judi Dench
2. Doctor Faustus Mephistophilis produces Helen of Troy, and Faustus marvels at her beauty. Faustus Anton Lesser, Helen of Troy Luke Newberry
3. Dido, Queen of Carthage Dido is enraptured by Aeneas. Queen Dido Frances Barber
4. Edward II Young Spenser advises Baldock how he "must cast the scholar off". Young Spenser Shaun Parkes
5. Edward II Edward's favourite describes how he will indulge the King's pleasures. Gaveston Derek Jacobi
6. Edward II The imprisoned king philosophises on the limits of his power and on being deposed. King Edward Joseph Fiennes
7. The Massacre at Paris The Duke spells out his Machiavellian ambition and methods to the audience. Duke of Guise Alan Rickman
8. The Jew of Malta Machiavel claims Barabas as his disciple in this eloquent prologue to the play. Machiavel Kevin McNally
9. The Jew of Malta Barabas muses on the morality of capitalism. Barabas Henry Goodman
10. Tamburlaine the Great II Tamburlaine's eldest son prefers cards to war. Calyphas Charlie Cox, Perdicas Sam Barnett
11. Tamburlaine the Great I Tamburlaine lets the defeated and foolish Mycetes keep his crown. For now. Mycetes Michael Burrell
12. Tamburlaine the Great I The courtier warns of the significance of Tamburlaine's tent colours; the Governor ignores this, and urges the Virgins to plead for mercy. Courtier Clive Francis, Governor John Shrapnel, Virgin Rebecca Night
13. Tamburlaine the Great I Tamburlaine proclaims his exalted position by way of Marlowe's 'high astounding terms'. Tamburlaine Antony Sher
14. Tamburlaine the Great I The captured Empress of Turkey laments her husband Bajazeth's violent and tortured death. Zabina Harriet Walter
15. Doctor Faustus Faustus interrogates Mephistophilis on the fall of Lucifer from Heaven to Hell. Faustus Anton Lesser, Mephistophilis Tobias Menzies
16. Doctor Faustus Faustus, with just one hour to live, desperately tries to hold back time. Faustus Ian McKellen
17. The Passionate Shepherd to his Love Dame Judi Dench reads Marlowe's Arcadian love poem as the film's epilogue. Judi Dench

13 replies since 18/1/2011, 03:41   682 views