Romeo and Juliet (1978)

« Older   Newer »
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 12/12/2010, 22:25

_87711245_364c581a-91af-406a-876b-2e0568b7823b

Romeo and Juliet (1978)

regia di Alvin Rakoff
Nazione GB - produzione BBC

La Trama di Giulietta e Romeo la conosciamo tutti.
Alan Rickman interpreta Tebaldo;
A parte il taglio di capelli a scodella e la giovane età, aveva 32 anni, la voce resta inconfondibile e anche la sua gestualità.
Le scene di combattimento ricordano i combattimenti che 13 anni dopo lo vedranno interprete dello Sceriffo di Nottingham in ‘’Robin Hood’’

Quella che segue è la scheda proposta da ‘’The Rickmanista Review’’

This page is dedicated to Ren, who generously sent the photos
This BBC TV production was part of The Plays of William Shakespeare series. Mr. Rickman played Tybalt.
Synopsis
The two leading families of Verona, the Capulets and the Montagues, are feuding. Romeo, a Montague, falls in love with Juliet, a Capulet, at a ball which he attends in disguise. The night, he waits under her window and hears her speak of her love for him. He declares his love for her. They marry in secret the next day, helped by Friar Laurence.
Tybalt, a Capulet, quarrels with and kills Romeo's friend Mercutio. Romeo, arriving on the scene, kills Tybalt. He is banished, and after spending the night with Juliet, goes to Mantua. Meanwhile, Juliet's father wants her to marry Paris. The friar tells Juliet to agree to this, but arranges for her to take a potionwhich will make her seem dead for two days. He plans to warn Romeo, who will rescue her from her tomb, but the message to Romeo goes astray. Romeo, hearing that Juliet is dead, comes to the tomb, and kills Paris who is there too. Then he kisses Juliet, takes poison and dies. Juliet awakens and, seeing what has happened, stabs herself. On discovery of the tragedy, the two families are finally persuaded to end their quarrel.
From The World of Shakespeare, by Anna Claybourne and Rebecca Treays, Usborne Publishing, 1996, ISBN 0-7460-2454-1

Review
Reviewed by Fausta, 26 December 2001
Overall rating: 5 hands
Rickman rating: 5 hands, in spite of the outfits
I was finally able to get a hold of this version of Romeo & Juliet when my local public library purchased a whole set of the BBC TV Plays of Shakespeare. Finally, since the BBC has restricted its purchase to educational institutions only (maybe because of copyright issues? Who knows), and even then the price is prohibitive for me -- $90+ for one DVD is just not in the budget. A pity, since this TV series of the plays was my introduction to many of the lesser-known Shakespeare works, like Timon of Athens. All the same, this is an excellent production of Romeo & Juliet, even when it doesn’t have the lush production values – and budget -- of the Zeffirelli R&J. Featuring some of the legendary actors of the British stage, several young performers stand out, especially Rebecca Saire as a clearly young and innocent Juliet, Anthony Andrews (Sebastian in Brideshead Revisited) as Mercutio, and Alan Rickman as Tybalt.
Twenty-three years ago a very young -- but still with that wonderful voice we all recognize -- Mr. Rickman steals the third act. He credibly plays his part and fights two ferocious mortal duels that foreshadow Mr. Rickman’s later dueling scene in Les Liaisions Dangereuses on stage. A highlight of this production, the duels are not simply another period-drama fencing scene but a street fight among gang members. A. Andrews & AR both conveyed its anger and destruction. Had the casting been up to me, I'd cast Mr. Andrews as Romeo.
It took me a while to get used to Mr. Rickman's get-up, since to my 21st-century sensibilities two-tone tights, codpiece (very distracting, at that), and pillbox hat are just too much, but the third act itself stands out as one of Mr. Rickman’s finest and most physical performances. Years later he'd bring the same energy to his portrayal of the Sherriff of Nottingham.
In all, a pleasant surprise, and a very impressive early performance.

Edited by Ida59 - 28/3/2021, 12:02

view post Posted on 13/12/2010, 11:39

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Dio... com'era spaventosamente giovane (aveva 32 anni) e magro!!!

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 13:30

Io su facebook ho scovato questa che non avevo mai visto... però non mi pare la stessa usata da Anastasia.

Rom-p-and-Juliet-Tybalt-alan-rickman-17292075-607-474

Ora con calma inserisco anche le altre che ho nei meandri del PC.

Edited by Arwen68 - 28/3/2021, 17:40

view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 14:00

Pozionista provetto

Group:

Sì, la mia è un pochino diversa, o è prima o è dopo.

Alan-Rickman-as-Tybalt-Romeo-Juliet-1978-alan-rickman-6967554-621-552__1_

Edited by Arwen68 - 28/3/2021, 17:41

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 22:21

Pozionista provetto

Group:

Uuuu com'era bellino :wub: anche con quei capelli che non mi piacciono molto :P

Contacts  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 22:37

CITAZIONE (Severus Ikari @ 4/4/2011, 23:21) 

Si, era bellino, aveva 32 anni ma sembra molto più giovane... io ho il DVD e ogni tanto me lo riguardo! :wub:

view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 22:39

Pozionista provetto

Group:

CITAZIONE (halfbloodprincess78 @ 4/4/2011, 23:37) 
CITAZIONE (Severus Ikari @ 4/4/2011, 23:21) 

Si, era bellino, aveva 32 anni ma sembra molto più giovane... io ho il DVD e ogni tanto me lo riguardo! :wub:

Vero, cacchio sembra 20enne :blink:
Hai il DVD? E me lo dici solo adesso? Ok, quando vengo da te io arrubbatto :woot: :rolleyes:

Contacts  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 23:01

CITAZIONE (Severus Ikari @ 4/4/2011, 23:39) 
Vero, cacchio sembra 20enne :blink:
Hai il DVD? E me lo dici solo adesso? Ok, quando vengo da te io arrubbatto :woot: :rolleyes:

Si, sembra un ragazzinino, saranno i capelli o il fatto che è magrissimo era il 1978, io dicevo ancora solo ''ba ba ba Alan Rickman!''XD!
Miiiiiiiiiiiii, ma che fai mi rubi un DVD?! te lo presto o se no te lo duplico, l'ho preso con Panorama qualche anno fa. :huh:

view post Posted on 4/4/2011, 23:15

Pozionista provetto

Group:

CITAZIONE (halfbloodprincess78 @ 5/4/2011, 00:01) 
Si, sembra un ragazzinino, saranno i capelli o il fatto che è magrissimo era il 1978, io dicevo ancora solo ''ba ba ba Alan Rickman!''XD!
Miiiiiiiiiiiii, ma che fai mi rubi un DVD?! te lo presto o se no te lo duplico, l'ho preso con Panorama qualche anno fa. :huh:

Mamma mia, veramente, un giovincello davvero, che bello :wub:
Ahahahah la prima parola che hai detto è "Alan" e la seconda "Rickman" ammazza :woot: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ma no che non te lo rubo, lo prendo in prestito e me lo copio e poi te lo prendi, 10 minuti col portatile e via no :D
Panorama che dà questi DVD? :blink: Azz :blink:

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 5/4/2011, 14:44

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Io avevo solo questa immagine...

Romeo_e_Ggiul

Edited by Ida59 - 28/3/2021, 12:21

Web  Top
view post Posted on 7/4/2011, 23:33

Pozionista provetto

Group:

No, quei capelli non mi garbano, però lui è decisamente bellino :wub: altro che :woot:

Contacts  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 22/8/2012, 12:57

A questo Link potete trovare il telefilm completo, lo inserisco sperando di fare una cosa gradita a chi non lo avesse visto:
Romeo and Juliet

cccpkobe78
view post Posted on 22/8/2012, 16:18

Però! Tralasciando il taglio di capelli, era davvero carino, anche se ribadisco che lo preferisco adesso. :wub:

view post Posted on 22/8/2012, 16:58

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (halfbloodprincess78 @ 22/8/2012, 13:57) 
A questo Link potete trovare il telefilm completo, lo inserisco sperando di fare una cosa gradita a chi non lo avesse visto:
Romeo and Juliet

Lo preferisco un po' più attempato... chissà mai perchè ^_^
Ma la voce è splendida e sensuale : è la SUA voce :rolleyes:

view post Posted on 17/11/2012, 11:40

Pozionista con esperienza

Group:
Bannati

Che carino!. 32 anni. Che giovane, anche se con i capelli così non mi piace moltissimo. Comunque non posso fare a meno di collegare la sua abilità nella scherma di questi pezzi, con quella che ha dimostrato nuovamente in Robin Hood.
Proprio un grande. E quella calzamaglia devo dire che gli dona un sacco...

Contacts  Top
34 replies since 12/12/2010, 22:25   786 views