(Oggetto) Boccino d'oro

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 11/5/2017, 14:43

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Boccino d'oro

A winged Quidditch ball which, when caught by the Seeker, gains the team 150 points

Type - Quidditch ball
Purpose - To be caught during a game of Quidditch - the Golden Snitch was substituted for the Golden Snidget, an extremely rare, protected species of bird originally used in the game
Where it is likely to be found - In a Quidditch match
Who made or first owned it Bowman Wright
Who it belongs to - Harry Potter

Web  Top
view post Posted on 17/5/2017, 21:46

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Il primo boccino conquistato da Harry

Given his flying ability, Harry’s appointment as Gryffindor’s Seeker seems inevitable. Less predictable is the way he helps Gryffindor secure victory against Slytherin in his first Quidditch match – catching the Snitch by nearly swallowing it.

This unusual method gives the Snitch in question a particular significance that we don’t learn until Deathly Hallows, when Harry discovers Dumbledore has left him it in his will. As he hands it over, Minister for Magic Rufus Scrimgeour explains that Snitches remember the touch of the first human to handle them.

How and when Dumbledore rescued the Snitch we don’t know, but Harry knows there’s a reason Dumbledore has returned it. Sure enough, when he puts it to his lips it reveals its message, ‘I open at the close.’ Later, when Harry whispers, ‘I am about to die,’ the Snitch opens to reveal the second of the three Hallows: the Resurrection Stone, giving Harry the chance to speak with his loved ones before facing Voldemort.

Web  Top
1 replies since 11/5/2017, 14:43   80 views