Group:
Administrator

Grazie Mariaemilia. :wub:

view post Posted on 11/11/2016, 17:34

Buca-calderoni

Group:
Professore

Figurati! :)
Ma se riuscite ad inserirla al posto giusto cancellando questa, è meglio.

view post Posted on 12/11/2016, 16:19

Pozionista abile

Group:

Interessantissimo, grazie per la preziosa traduzione Mep! :wub:

view post Posted on 2/5/2018, 11:05

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ecco cosa dicono i libri della Gringot.

Le immagini le trovate QUI.

Tratto da HP1

"Magie... incantesimi" disse Hagrid, sfogliando il giornale mentre parlava. "Dicono che a guardia delle camere blindate ci
sono dei draghi. E poi bisogna trovare la strada... Vedi, la Gringott si trova centinaia di chilometri sotto Londra. Molto più giù della metropolitana. Anche se riesci a mettere le mani su un bel bottino, prima di rivedere la luce fai a tempo a crepare di fame".

[...]

"Ecco la Gringott" disse Hagrid a un certo punto.
Erano giunti a un edificio bianco come la neve che svettava sopra le piccole botteghe. Ritto in piedi, dietro un portale di
bronzo brunito, con indosso un'uniforme scarlatta e oro, c'era...
"Proprio così, quello è un folletto" disse Hagrid tutto tranquillo, mentre salivano gli scalini di candida pietra diretti verso di lui.
Il folletto era più basso di Harry di quasi tutta la testa. Aveva un viso dal colorito scuro e dall'aria intelligente, una barba a punta e, come Harry poté notare, dita e piedi molto lunghi. Si inchinò al loro passaggio. Ora si trovavano di fronte una seconda porta, questa volta d'argento, su cui erano incise le seguenti parole:
Straniero, entra, ma tieni in gran conto
Quel che ti aspetta se sarai ingordo
Perché chi prende ma non guadagna
Pagherà cara la magagna
Quindi se cerchi nel sotterraneo
Un tesoro che ti è estraneo
Ladro avvisato mezzo salvato:
Più del tesoro non va cercato.
"Come ho detto, bisognerebbe davvero essere matti a cercare di rapinare questa banca" disse Hagrid.
Quando attraversarono la porta d'argento, una coppia di folletti si inchinò davanti a loro e li introdusse in un grande
salone marmoreo. Un centinaio di altri folletti seduti su alti scranni dietro un lungo bancone scribacchiavano su grandi libri mastri, pesavano le monete su bilance di bronzo, ed esaminavano pietre preziose con la lente. Le porte erano troppo numerose per poterle contare, e altri folletti erano occupati ad aprirle e richiuderle per fare entrare e uscire le persone. Hagrid e Harry si avvicinarono al bancone.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 3/6/2018, 21:24

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Dal sito di Claire le conclusioni riguardo a Diagon Alley.

We can be virtually certain that Diagon Alley lies to the east side of the southern end of Charing Cross Road, shadowing the real-life St Martin's Lane and the complex of small streets which surround it, especially Cecil Court. The Leaky Cauldron is most likely directly on Charing Cross Road itself. When Hagrid and Harry visit Diagon Alley for the first time in PS they get from Diagon Alley to Charing Cross station, where they pick up a connection to Paddington, by walking down St Martin's Place at the side of the National Portrait Gallery, and then turning left into Duncannon Street and cutting across to the Strand.

It is possible that the Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley group began life as a stand-alone Mediaeval wizarding village similar to Hogsmeade, which was absorbed when London expanded east in the 17th and 18th centuries. If so we have to assume that the original entrance from the Muggle world to wizard-space was inside the old church of St Martin-in-the-Fields, and was only moved to the Leaky Cauldron when the church was pulled down and rebuilt in the early 18th C.

However, it's more likely that the wizarding enclave was put in after the Muggle area was built up, in the mid to late 17th or early 18th C. The buildings are probably of that vintage - not rebuilt in the Victorian era like the shops in Cecil Court. Judging from Rowling's own sketch they are in an assortment of styles and rather randomly arranged, more like St Mary Street or Hocker Hill Street in Chepstow than a uniform strip like Cecil Court or the 18th C Rose Street which forms part of Edinburgh's Georgian New Town development. Rose Street, however, was probably at least part of the inspiration for its numerous pavement cafés and its eccentric shops, and possibly for the way in which it can be reached by going in through a pub on a main street, out through a cobbled yard and thence through an arch into a secret world behind.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 4/6/2018, 13:53

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Il Paiolo magico

Three_Tuns
The Three Tuns, Chepstow, © Roy Parkhouse at Geograph

The general appearance and interior of the Leaky Cauldron, on the other hand, with its parlours and passages and private dining, may well have been be inspired by one of the interesting older pubs which are found in all of these locations the Charing Cross Road/St Martin's Lane area just north of Trafalgar Square, Rose Street or Chepstow. John Nettleship suggests the Three Tuns, Chepstow as a possible model, but it's a bit on the large side - medium-sized Victorian pub forming part of a row of shops although the interior layout may well be suitable. The outside of the Leaky Cauldron probably looks much like any other small pub on Charing Cross Road - such as e.g. the Bear & Staff, which is almost opposite Cecil Court - only tattier.

Kenilworth
The Kenilworth, Rose Street, Edinburgh

One of many interesting pubs in Rose Street, incidentally, is The Kenilworth, which sounds as though it might have been the inspiration for the name of Kennilworthy Whisp, "author" of Quidditch Through the Ages. Another, tucked down in a basement, is the Hogshead. Thus spelled, of course, it refers to a barrel rather than an actual hog.

Bear_and_Staff
The Bear & Staff, corner of Bear Street and Charing Cross Road, from the fancyapint London pub guide

Dal sito di Claire

Web  Top
view post Posted on 24/6/2018, 15:10

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Gringott

Le considerazioni dei fan inglesi

Gringotts sounds as though it may well have been inspired by either the Standing Order or the Dome, two massive and very grand former banks which are both now equally grand pubs, and which stand on George Street, Edinburgh, the next street north of Rose Street.

Dome
The Dome, George Street, Edinburgh, from wikimedia

Although neither is exactly white marble, they are made from pale sandstone and both have flights of steps up to grand double doors. Of the two, the Dome is probably the more likely model, as its steps are higher and more noticeable than the Standing Order's.

Standing_Order
The Standing Order, George Street, Edinburgh, from the JD Wetherspoon website

[N.B. the two buildings are not as dramatically different in colour as they appear in these images, the Dome being less orangey than it looks here. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get good-enough-to-use shots of my own, showing the true colour, because you have to go there at about 5am to get shots of any buildings on George Street not almost-totally obscured by parked cars.]

The real mystery about Gringotts is how it manages to have stony caverns under it. If you dig down under central London you find, first, about 30ft of topsoil, then 450ft of clay, then 650ft of chalk, then a thin layer of sandstone, then another 200ft of clay and only then do you hit a level of real hard rock called the London Platform, about a quarter of a mile down. It's conceivable that Gringotts' caverns and vaults are in the chalk layer - but even so they'd have to be nearly two hundred yards below the surface, and they'd presumably have to be continuously pumped to stop the Thames from moving into them. However, we're told that the vaults are genuinely a long way down, and whilst "hundreds of miles" is clearly an exaggeration, a quarter of a mile could be true.

The rough stone passageway they enter from the main hall of the bank could be artificial, a buried building rather than a tunnel through the rock, and this built passage takes them down to the bedrock where the stalactitites start. But then you still have the problem that both caves and stalactites mainly form either in limestone areas or in volcanic rock, and there seem to be no limestone caves or volcanic chambers under central London. Maybe the caves are really somewhere else entirely, reached through wizardspace, or the little carts go so fast that they carry the passengers right outside London.

Then again, chalk is a form of limestone, and these caves, if they really are underneath an enclave off Charing Cross Road, are both close to and well below the Thames, and the Thames rises in limestone country and has very hard (that is, mineralized and lime-bearing) water. It may be that hard water seeping from the Thames and down through the chalk into artifically excavated and drained caves which lie well below the water table has formed these stalactites, and this would be doubly likely to happen if the caves are faced with limestone slabs or with concrete, which is capable of forming its own stalactites in the presence of seeping water, whether hard or not.
The real-world inspiration for the caverns under Gringotts, however, is clear. John Nettleship has convincingly identified them with Clearwell Caves, an ancient mine-working in a limestone area, set in the Forest of Dean about nine miles from Chepstow.

Clearwell_Caves
Abandoned wooden buggy in Clearwell Caves mine-working

"Since 1970 or before they have been a tourist attraction and of special interest to families around Christmas when children can meet Father Christmas in a rather magical setting. The Rowling children are sure to have been brought here, as were my own. Iron ore is transported in little trucks which run on very narrow rails through a maze of tunnels. The tunnels must be very long as they apparently extend to the basement of Gringotts bank, where the Goblins use the little wooden buggies to access the security vaults.

"You will see that Joanne’s own sketch corresponds quite well with the old buggy lying on its side in the recent photograph."

JKR_Gringotts_tunnels
JK Rowling's own drawing of Gringotts' tunnels

Tratto dal blog di Claire

Web  Top
view post Posted on 29/6/2018, 16:59

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Traduzione dell'articolo di Pottermore sul Paiolo magico.

Il Paiolo Magico

Secondo alcuni, il pub più antico di Londra è il White Hart a Drury Lane; secondo altri, è l'Angel a Bermondsey Wall, o il Lamb and Flag a Rose Street.
A dirlo sono dei Babbani, e ovviamente si sbagliano. Il pub più antico di Londra, come sanno tutti i maghi, è il Paiolo Magico di Charing Cross Road.
Il Paiolo Magico si trova lì fin da prima che Charing Cross Road fosse progettata; il suo vero indirizzo è Diagon Alley, numero uno, e pare che sia stato costruito all'inizio del Cinquecento insieme alle altre strade dei maghi. Visto che fu fondato due secoli prima dell'entrata in vigore dello Statuto Internazionale di Segretezza, il Paiolo Magico era in origine visibile anche agli occhi dei Babbani. Anche se il pub diventò fin da subito un luogo di ritrovo, sia per maghi e streghe del posto che per i visitatori in cerca di nuovi ingredienti o strumenti magici, i Babbani non venivano cacciati o esclusi, anche se certe conversazioni, per non parlare degli animali domestici, spingevano molti clienti ignari ad andarsene senza finire il proprio boccale di idromele.
Quando lo Statuto Internazionale di Segretezza entrò in vigore, al Paiolo Magico, che era ormai diventato una vera e propria istituzione tra i maghi britannici, fu concessa un'esenzione speciale perché continuasse a fungere da rifugio per i maghi della capitale. Nonostante avesse insistito perché fossero usati potenti incantesimi di occultamento e perché gli avventori clienti si comportassero bene, il Ministro della Magia Ulick Gamp capiva bene il bisogno dei maghi di rilassarsi un po' sotto questo nuovo regolamento. Acconsentì anche ad incaricare il gestore del pub di custodire l'ingresso a Diagon Alley nel cortile sul retro, perché anche i negozi oltre al pub andavano ora protetti con la magia.
Per ringraziare Gamp di aver protetto il pub, il gestore creò un nuovo tipo di birra, la Gioviale di Gamp. Era così schifosa che pare che nessuno sia mai riuscito a finirne un boccale (c'è un premio di cento galeoni in palio per l'impresa, ma nessuno se li è ancora aggiudicati).
Il Paiolo Magico corse un serio pericolo verso la fine dell'Ottocento, quando rischiò di essere demolito per la costruzione di Charing Cross Road. Il Ministro della Magia di allora, il noiosissimo e prolisso Faris Spavin, fece un mesto discorso al Wizengamot in cui spiegava come mai questa volta il Paiolo Magico non poteva essere salvato. Quando Spavin si sedette alla fine del discorso, sette ore più tardi, il suo segretario gli riferì che la comunità magica si era radunata, aveva lanciato innumerevoli Incantesimi di Memoria e che il piano urbanistico era stato rivisto per includere il Paiolo Magico. Si dice tuttora che su diversi urbanisti Babbani venne usata la Maledizione Imperius, ma la cosa non è mai stata provata. Di sicuro gli architetti non capirono mai perché avessero lasciato uno spazio vuoto tra i nuovi edifici, o perché tale spazio fosse invisibile a occhio nudo.
Il Paiolo Magico non è cambiato molto nel corso degli anni; è piccolo, sporco ma accogliente, e al piano di sopra c'è qualche stanza per ospitare chi viene da fuori Londra. È il posto ideale per ascoltare gli ultimi pettegolezzi del mondo magico, se si vive lontano dai centri abitati dai maghi.

I pensieri di J.K.Rowling

Charing Cross Road è famosa per le sue librerie, sia d'antiquariato che moderne. È per questo che l'ho scelta come il luogo che le persone ben informate usano per passare a un mondo diverso.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 29/6/2018, 17:25

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

Interessantissimo. Grazie per la traduzione.
Da quanto tempo JKR non scriveva più? Tantissimo.
La Gioviale di Gamp se andiamo a Londra la cerchiamo :lol: :lol:

view post Posted on 29/6/2018, 17:50

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (chiara53 @ 29/6/2018, 18:25) 
Interessantissimo. Grazie per la traduzione.
Da quanto tempo JKR non scriveva più? Tantissimo.

Naaa... non ti illudere: questa è roba molto vecchia, del primo Pottermore, quello che aveva anche le traduzioni nelle diverse lingue. L'ho solo ripescata dal nostro archivio "magico".

Web  Top
view post Posted on 29/6/2018, 17:57

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

Posso piangere un pochino :sob:

view post Posted on 12/8/2018, 21:33

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Diagon Alley
dai film al Parco di HP in Florida e i Lavender studio

La stupenda immagine del film che riflette le parole della Rowling: la magia inizia!

Wikia_DARP_-_Diagon_Alley_entrance_from_the_Leaky_Cauldron

Florida

Harry-Potter-Orlando_071Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-1024x576

Madama McClan

gwmKG62png

Lavender Studio

d675e0474ed44713a2b74f3884f1dd83

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/8/2018, 21:57

Fondi-calderoni

Group:

Adoro l'esterno di Madama McClan.

view post Posted on 18/8/2018, 13:39

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Paiolo magico

The Leaky Cauldron fact file

Where in the world - Drury Lane, London
Type - Pub
Residents or owners - Tom the barman
Magical properties - Magically invisible to Muggles
Significant events that took place here - Harry Potter realises he is famous

Immagini da Pottermore

Entrata del Paiolo magico

Salottino privato (HP3 con Caramel)

Web  Top
view post Posted on 5/9/2018, 21:18

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

La Gringott vista da Pottermore

Where in the world - Diagon Alley
Type - Bank
Magical properties - Vaults that only Goblins can open
Significant events that took place here - Harry, Ron and Hermione break into Gringotts to secure a Horcrux
Peculiar things that live here - Goblins, a dragon

Edited by Ida59 - 20/3/2019, 00:24

Web  Top
206 replies since 30/8/2016, 10:38   5592 views