Il Calderone di Severus

Tributo alla carriera di Alan Rickman

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 29/3/2016, 06:45

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

Grazie davvero, Mep è un articolo molto bello e tu ci hai fatto un gran bel regalo. :wub:

view post Posted on 29/3/2016, 23:30

Pozionista con esperienza

Group:
Alan Rickman Fan

:wub: grazie anche da parte mia

www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/new...speare-tribute/

OLIVIERS TO STAGE SHAKESPEARE TRIBUTE

Reporter: Charlotte Marshall, first published Mon 28 Mar 2016 10:36

Rising star Jack Savoretti will perform a tribute to William Shakespeare inspired by Alan Rickman’s When Love Speaks at the Olivier Awards 2016 with MasterCard to mark the 400th anniversary of the playwright’s death.

When Love Speaks, a collection of Shakespeare’s sonnets interpreted in spoken word and song, was co-created by the late Rickman. Recording artist Savoretti, who recently sold out a forthcoming appearance at Somerset House, will perform Sonnet 18, Shall I Compare Thee To A Summer’s Day.

In a fitting tribute to the Bard, former Best Actor Olivier Award winner Rory Kinnear – the last person to win an Olivier Award for a role in a Shakespeare production – will introduce the singer and also pay tribute to the much-loved actor Rickman, who passed away earlier this year at the age of 69.

The Harry Potter star collected an illustrious list of performers to appear on When Love Speaks when it was created in 2002, many of whom will be in attendance at the awards on 3 April including past Olivier Award winner and 2016 presenter Juliet Stevenson and two of this year’s nominees, Kenneth Branagh and Imelda Staunton.

Branagh and Staunton will be among the many nominees waiting with bated breath to hear if their names will be called at the 40th anniversary ceremony, which will once again be held at the Royal Opera House.

The public will be able to watch a live stream of events at our Covent Garden Piazza event, listen live on Mellow Magic or catch extended highlights of the show on ITV at 22:15.

Read more: http://page394.proboards.com/thread/2691/t...9#ixzz44Kkv32j5

Edited by chiara53 - 30/3/2016, 19:00

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 30/3/2016, 20:05

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Lungo articolo interessante, da mettere in chiaro appena ho tempo.
Contiene anche tanti link a recensioni dei suoi film, da mettere poi nelle discussioni giuste.
Non ce la farò mai a stare dietro a tutto!!!

Edit: Ce la possiamo fare... :D

www.rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/alan-rickman-1946-2016

Alan Rickman: 1946-2016

by Sheila O'Malley
January 14, 2016
qui la traduzione fatta da Mep/Lady Memory, grazie grazie, grazie :D

primary_Alan_Rickman

Alan Rickman didn't just speak: he chewed words, he rolled them around in his mouth before letting them go, he relished them. He drew out syllables, he held onto consonants (who can hold onto a "t"? Or an "n"? Alan Rickman could and did). His impeccable vocal style, so unique to him, was a mark of his theatre training at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, as well as his years performing in theatre, his first love. Perhaps the sinewy sensuousness of his voice, made so startling when mixed with the clipped or elongated consonants, was why he was seen as so perfect for villains and sneering manipulators. But some of his best work was when playing men who ache with warmth, men with depths of tenderness. In those contexts, Rickman became a classical Leading Man, and the distinctive voice sounded instead like molten lava, exploding through the hard crust of his exterior. Rickman could be heartbreaking. He could fit in in a fantasy context, a real context, a 19th century context, a 20th/21st century context. His access to himself, to all aspects of himself, the cruel, the tender, his humor, his sexuality (or its repression), is why his career lasted 40 years, and why he was never out of work from the day he began.

Rickman started out as a graphic designer; he studied at the Chelsea College of Art and the Royal College of Art. Afterwards, he opened up his own graphics design operation, running it for a couple of years, before deciding to audition for the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. He was 26 years old. This is late to "get started." It's an intriguing detail about the man. He walked away from a career he had devoted himself to, another craft he was good at, into the sheer uncertainty of show business. He chose acting deliberately. When he started out in theatre, he wasn't playing young male leads, as is the case with the 20-year-olds who flood the market every couple of years. He started out playing leads. He was already slightly-seasoned, his gimlet-eyes filled with experience. He would not have to waste his time playing "innocents."

alan_rickman_die_hard

Rickman's first break in America was in the 1987 Broadway production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses where he played the Vicomte de Valmont (John Malkovich's role in the film) opposite Lindsay Duncan as the Marquise de Merteuil (Duncan was to be his co-star again in the celebrated 2002 Broadway revival of Noel Coward's Private Lives.) Rickman won the Tony Award for his performance. The following year, he made his unforgettable American film debut as the mastermind villain Hans Gruber in the "phenom" that was "Die Hard." His shadow immediately stretched out across the landscape, because everybody saw that movie, everybody remembered him, everybody loved the delicious deliberation of his line-readings, his psychopathic unconcern for collateral damage.

Rickman could have had a nice career playing villains. But 1990's "Truly Madly Deeply", directed by Anthony Minghella, upended expectations. Rickman played Jamie, the ghost of Juliet Stevenson's dead lover. Stevenson's character had been grieving the loss for a year, and one night she sits down to play the piano. As she plays, a cello suddenly starts up off-screen, and "Jamie," who had played the cello in real life, is seen sitting behind her. The reunion that follows is one of such wrenching emotion that it puts "Ghost" to shame. It's barely romantic. They clutch and hold, they weep and coo, they sob. As "Jamie," Rickman is both hilarious (he's always freezing, always cranky) and tragic (if she can't let him go, then he really can't let her go.) An entire new world opened up for Alan Rickman, at least in terms of the audience who had only seen him in a gigantic blockbuster as a multinational terrorist-villain. When Jamie says to Nina, "Thank you for missing me," his tone is quiet and thoughtful, but Rickman filled the line with a sense of almost humility: "This fabulous woman grieved ME this intensely? I have this much value?" His line-reading cracks open the heart of the film.

AR2

Throughout the years, Rickman flowed back and forth, and up and down, within his own gift, drawing out one quality while holding back others, like a maestro. The story dictated his style. He was a true professional. There was no ego in his work.

In 1995, he appeared in Ang Lee's "Sense and Sensibility," although the genesis of that project was Emma Thompson, who had adapted Jane Austen's novel. Rickman played the upright Colonel Brandon, a man so proper, so perfectly-mannered, that he practically blends into the furniture. Perhaps the key to Rickman's effectiveness in the role is that there is no self-pity in the portrayal (self-pity would have wrecked it). You have to believe that Colonel Brandon, though he may lack the fireworks of Willoughby (Greg Wise) can provide Marianne (Kate Winslet) with something far more substantial.

One of the most powerful moments in the film belongs to Rickman. Marianne has fallen deathly ill and the doctors have given her up. Brandon pulls Elinor aside and asks what he can do. Elinor puts him off, assuring him he has done enough, and Brandon, pressing himself back into the wood-paneled wall, almost as though he needs it for support, bites out the next line: "Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad." This is the "molten lava" effect of his voice, sentiment pouring out of a man unused to displays of emotion. It's a marvelously rich performance, and it works as a stealth-bomber in its effect. Willoughby has the flash, Marianne has the emotion, Elinor has the tightly-coiled repression, and all of the secondary characters are extreme buffoons. But Colonel Brandon has the heart hidden in his chest, a flame flickering low before exploding into brightness. It is difficult to imagine any other actor in that part.

alan_rickman_9

Through the '90s, he appeared in films big and small: "Galaxy Quest," "An Awfully Big Adventure," "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves." He worked with Neil Jordan in "Michael Collins," playing Éamon de Valera, Fianna Fáil founder and later the President of Ireland, a stroke of genius casting, the two men look so much alike. He was so entertaining in Kevin Smith's "Dogma", playing the pissed-off bedraggled angel Metatron. When he first appears in a girl's bedroom, as though he's just woken up from a bender, she brandishes a baseball bat at him, yelling for him to get out. He replies, threateningly, "Or you'll do what exactly? Hit me with that ffffffffffish?" (The baseball bat turns into a fish.) Again, who would choose to draw out the "f" like that? Drawing out the "f" makes what might have been a stupid visual joke something eccentric, character-driven, and much much funnier. Rickman explored the nooks and crannies of language, finding possibilities where there were none before.

J.K. Rowling has said that as she was writing the "Harry Potter" books, she had Alan Rickman in mind already as the deliciously sinister (and also ambivalent) Severus Snape. He inspired her as she was creating it. Rickman's "look" as Severus involved a dandyish pitch-black pageboy, reminiscent of John Cazale's in "Dog Day Afternoon" or Javier Bardem's in "No Country for Old Men." It's a demented mop-top. Released from the demands of realism, Rickman sinks in, deep in, to Severus, every reptilian glance, every flicker of the eye, every murmured aside, every outraged nostril-flare, pouring into the overall effect. The performance is not an amalgamation of broad tics. It appears lived-in and felt, which makes it even more absurdly pleasurable. Younger audiences who had never seen "Die Hard" got their first glimpse of what older generations knew all along: this guy could do anything. Anything.

Rickman also wrote and directed two films, 1997's "The Winter Guest," starring Emma Thompson and Phyllida Law, where he showed a sensitivity to atmosphere and mood as a director, and last year's "A Little Chaos," starring Kate Winslet, in which Alan Rickman himself plays The Sun King. I haven't seen "A Little Chaos" yet, but the thought of Alan Rickman as King Louis XIV already fills me with excitement.

Throughout the 'aughts, in between "Harry Potter" movies, he continued to work steadily, showing up as Ronald Reagan in Lee Daniels' "The Butler," Hilly Kristal in "CBGB," Judge Turpin in "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," as well as providing voices for various animated characters. He never stopped returning to the theatre as well, and anyone who was fortunate enough to see him onstage is so thankful for that.

In 2002, my friend scored tickets for us for the Broadway production of Noel Coward's Private Lives, starring Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan, reunited again after Les Liaisons Dangereuses 15 years before. Private Lives was only running for 16 weeks, and it became one of those rarities in New York theatre: an "event." Private Lives had sold out during its run in London, and the buzz crackled to theatre-goers across the Atlantic. When tickets went on sale, my friend was ready.

That production is one I will never forget. I see a lot of plays, some good, some okay, some forgettable. But a production like Private Lives doesn't come along all that often, and even as the play was happening, I remember thinking, "I am so glad that I will get to say that I saw this.

Community-theatre productions and acting-class workshops of Private Lives often focus on the dazzling wit of the divorced Elyot and Amanda, who meet up again while they're on their respective honeymoons to new people and throw brilliant barbs at one another from their balconies. But without the strong rope of connection existing between these two jaded sophisticates, the play does not reveal itself. It would be like "His Girl Friday" without the chemistry between Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell. The audience has to see that the characters are meant to be together, along with the underlying question: who else would put up with these two maniacs?

Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan were so confident in that difficult language that when I went home I pulled out the play again. I wanted to re-experience the miracle of how they filled that language, made it seem like they were speaking off the cuff. Rickman and Duncan created a breathless sense of eroticism between them, the magnet of chemistry so strong that they must beat one another back with linguistic barbs. The reason they are so vicious is not because they are mean or because they are "sophisticated," it is because they can barely bear the heat of one another's presence.

Seeing Rickman live was a revelation. Some movie actors disappear in large theatres: without the helpful cinematic closeup, they are lost as to how to project emotion. Rickman's emotion in Private Lives was in his eloquent posture, upright in the first act, and lounging with satiation in the stunning opening of the second. It was in that voice, that beautiful fluid strange voice, so well-known to audiences in all its flexibility. His voice was even more of an amazing "instrument" onstage than it had been in film. I have always cherished him for his voice, but in Private Lives, he used it to express what was in Elyot's bitter proud heart so that I, sitting 10 rows from the back of the theatre, could hear it and feel it in my bones. Not to be tried by amateurs.

Alan Rickman was only 69 years old when he died. He would have continued working into his 80s, or beyond, had he lived. He was that kind of actor. He would never have stopped pleasing us, surprising us, intriguing us. He didn't make a spectacle of his work ethic, he didn't strain for Oscar nominations, he didn't have careerist concerns. He did the job brilliantly, went home, appeared in a play, directed something, came back to do another film role brilliantly, went home, and on and on.

A true pro.

Edited by chiara53 - 8/4/2016, 18:09

Web  Top
view post Posted on 30/3/2016, 23:08

Group:
Alan Rickman Fan

www.somersetguardian.co.uk/Reel-Peo...tail/story.html

Reel People Film Society celebrate Alan Rickman with screening

Reel People Film society's current season comes to a close on Friday, April 8 at The Dragonfly Theatre, Writhlington School, in Radstock with a tribute to Alan Rickman, who died in January.

Tim Spurgeon, chair of Reel People, said: "Alan Rickman has entertained over the years with a wide range of television and film appearances including the romantic Truly Madly Deeply, to the more sinister Severus Snape in the Harry Potter films."

Reel People will be screening A Little Chaos, Rickman's last film in which he starred and directed.

In A Little Chaos he plays King Louis XIV of France who is having the gardens at the Palace of Versailles built.

The film concentrates on the developing romantic relationship between the garden designers played by Kate Winslet and Matthias Schoenaerts.

Screenings are open to non-members and guest tickets can be bought on the door.

For membership and bookings call 07947 325950 or email [email protected]

Doors open at 7pm and the film will be introduced at 7.45pm.

Read more: www.somersetguardian.co.uk/Reel-Peo...l#ixzz44SGGw7xJ
Follow us: @SomGuardian on Twitter | SomGuardian on Facebook

Fonte http://page394.proboards.com/thread/2691/t...es-alan?page=70

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2018, 17:56

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 31/3/2016, 17:14

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 30/3/2016, 21:05) 

Trovate l'articolo e le immagini in chiaro nel post più sopra: seguite questo link

Buona lettura. ;)

view post Posted on 31/3/2016, 22:32

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Oooh... hai fatto tu tutto il lavoro al posto mio!!! Grazie Chiara! :Streghetta:

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2018, 17:56

Web  Top
view post Posted on 1/4/2016, 07:37

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 31/3/2016, 23:32) 
Oooh... hai fatto tu tutto il lavoro al posto mio!!! Grazie Chiara! :Streghetta:

Intanto mi becco la streghetta. :lol:
Tuo, mio: :lol: chi può fa, io sono in pensione e ho più tempo.

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2018, 17:57

view post Posted on 3/4/2016, 23:51

Group:
Alan Rickman Fan

Michael Moore Twitter,

Michael Moore ‏@mmflint 2 hours ago
Thinking of the late Alan Rickman today as I'm showing his final film in my theater. All the good he did, like this: www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/18/alan-rickman-rachel-corrie-play-actor

Read more: http://page394.proboards.com/thread/2608/e...7#ixzz44o36aRIX

Edited by chiara53 - 13/4/2016, 16:45

Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 15:24

Buca-calderoni

Group:
Professore

Ed ecco la traduzione dell'articolo di Sheila O'Malley più sopra.
Per la gioia di Chiara che me lo ha chiesto, ho avuto una piccola pausa in ufficio oggi, così l'ho completato.
E' un articolo bellissimo. Sono contenta che abbiate pensato a me.
Mi spiace solo di non aver potuto curare ulteriormente la traduzione, ma il tempo è tiranno...

Alan Rickman: 1946-2016

by Sheila O'Malley

14 gennaio 2016

Alan Rickman non si limitava a parlare: lui masticava le parole, le arrotolava in bocca prima di lasciarle uscire, le assaporava. Prolungava le sillabe, faceva durare le consonanti (chi può mantenere una ‘t’? O una ‘n’? Alan Rickman poteva e lo faceva). Il suo impeccabile stile vocale, così unico, era un marchio della sua educazione teatrale alla Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, come pure dei suoi anni di recitazione in teatro, il suo primo amore. Forse la rotonda sensualità della sua voce, resa così stupefacente quando era unita a consonanti tronche o allungate, era il motivo per cui era considerato perfetto per interpretare parti da cattivo e da manipolatore sogghignante. Ma molti dei suoi ruoli migliori sono quelli in cui interpretava uomini che soffrivano con grandi emozioni, uomini con abissi di tenerezza. In questi contesti, Rickman era diventato un classico attore principale, mentre la sua voce caratteristica risuonava come lava fusa, esplodendo attraverso la dura crosta del suo aspetto esteriore. Rickman sapeva fondere i cuori. Poteva esser parte di un contesto fantasy o realistico, di una situazione ambientata nel 19mo secolo o nel 20/21mo secolo. Il suo accesso a sé stesso, a tutti gli aspetti di sé stesso, il crudele, il tenero, il suo humor, la sua sessualità (o la sua repressione) sono il motivo per cui la sua carriera è durata 40 anni, e la ragione per cui non è mai stato senza lavoro sin dal giorno in cui ha cominciato la sua carriera.

Rickman iniziò come graphic designer: aveva studiato al Chelsea College of Art e al Royal College of Art. In seguito, aprì il suo studio di graphic design, gestendolo per un paio di anni prima di decidere di fare un’audizione alla Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. Aveva 26 anni. Un po’ tardi per iniziare. È un dettaglio intrigante riguardo a quest’uomo. Si è allontanato dalla carriera a cui si era votato, si è ritirato da un’altra arte in cui era bravo, per gettarsi nella pura incertezza dello show business. Ha scelto deliberatamente di recitare. Quando ha iniziato in teatro, non interpretava ruoli maschili giovani, come succede ai ventenni che invadono il mercato ogni paio d’anni. Lui ha cominciato interpretando “ruoli”. Era già leggermente stagionato, con occhi acuti pieni di esperienza. Non gli sarebbe toccato perder tempo interpretando “innocenti”.

La prima volta di Rickman in America fu una produzione del 1987 di Les Liaisons Dangereuses, targata Broadway, in cui interpretava il Visconte di Valmont (il ruolo di John Malkovich nel film) opposto a Lindsay Duncan come Marchesa di Merteuil (Duncan sarebbe stata di nuovo la sua co-star nell’acclamato revival del 2002 di Private Lives di Noel Coward, a Broadway). Rickman vinse il Tony Award per la sua performance. L’anno seguente, fece il suo indimenticabile debutto cinematografico americano come il genio del crimine Hans Gruber, nel fenomeno che è stato “Die Hard”. La sua ombra si estese immediatamente oltre la scena, perché tutti videro quel film, tutti notarono Rickman, tutti amarono la deliziosa determinazione delle sue battute, il suo disinteresse psicopatico per le vittime coinvolte.

Rickman avrebbe potuto avere una bella carriera come interprete di ruoli da cattivo. Ma il film “Truly Madly Deeply” del 1990, diretto da Anthony Minghella, capovolse le aspettative. Rickman interpretava Jamie, il fantasma dell’innamorato scomparso di Juliet Stevenson. Il personaggio della Stevenson aveva pianto questa perdita per un anno, ed una notte lei si siede a suonare il piano. Mentre lei suona, si sente improvvisamente un violoncello fuori dallo schermo, e vediamo “Jaimie”, che aveva suonato il violoncello nella vita reale, seduto dietro di lei. L’incontro che segue è talmente struggente di emozioni da mettere in imbarazzo Ghost. È scarsamente romantico. I due si aggrappano l’uno all’altra, si stringono, piangono e si scambiano parole d’amore, singhiozzano. Come “Jaimie”, Rickman è sia comico (è sempre gelido e scontroso), sia tragico (se lei non può lasciarlo andare, neanche lui allora può lasciar andare lei). Un intero nuovo mondo si aprì per Alan Rickman, almeno in termini del pubblico che lo aveva visto solo in un gigantesco blockbuster nei panni di un cattivo-terrorista multinazionale. Quando Jaimie dice a Nina, “Grazie perché ti sono mancato”, il suo tono è quieto e pensoso, ma Rickman ha dato alla battura un senso quasi di umiltà: “Questa donna meravigliosa ha pianto la MIA perdita così intensamente? Ho davvero tutto questo valore?” Il modo con cui porge la battuta apre in due il cuore del film.

Nel corso degli anni, Rickman ha esplorato il suo dono in ogni modo possibile, tirando fuori una qualità e nascondendone altre, come un maestro. La storia dettava il suo stile. Era un vero professionista. Non c’era egocentrismo nel suo lavoro.

Nel 1995, apparve in “Sense and Sensibility” di Ang Lee, anche se la genesi del progetto era di Emma Thompson, che aveva adattato il romanzo di Jane Austen. Rickman interpretava l’onesto Colonnello Brandon, un uomo così corretto, così perfettamente educato da confondersi praticamente con il mobilio. Forse il segreto dell’efficacia di Rickman in questo ruolo è che non c’è autocommiserazione nel ritratto (l’autocommiserazione l’avrebbe distrutto). Vi mette in grado di credere che il Colonnello Brandon, anche se sprovvisto dei fuochi d’artificio di Willoughby (Greg Wise), può offrire a Marianne (Kate Winslet) qualcosa di molto più essenziale.

Uno dei momenti più potenti del film appartiene a Rickman. Marianne è mortalmente malata e i dottori hanno perso le speranze. Brandon prende Elinor da parte e le chiede cosa può fare. Elinor declina l’offerta, dicendogli che ha già fatto abbastanza, e Brandon, schiacciandosi contro il muro a pannelli di legno come se avesse bisogno di un supporto, replica con la battuta seguente: “Datemi qualcosa da fare, Miss Dashwood, o diventerò matto.” Questo è l’effetto “lava fusa” della sua voce, il sentimento che sgorga da un uomo non abituato a mostrare le sue emozioni. È una performance meravigliosamente ricca, ed ha l’effetto di un attacco a sorpresa. Willoughby è l’ostentazione, Marianne è l’emozione, Elinor è la repressione forzata, e tutti i personaggi secondari sono cialtroni incredibili. Ma il Colonnello Brandon ha un cuore nascosto in petto, una fiamma che tremola sommessamente prima di esplodere di luce. È difficile immaginare un altro attore in quella parte.

Durante gli anni ’90, Rickman appare in piccoli e grandi film come “Galaxy Quest”, “An Awfully Big Adventure”, “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”. Lavora con Neil Jordan in “Michael Collins”, interpretando Éamon de Valera, fondatore del Fianna Fáil e successivamente presidente dell’Irlanda, una scelta di casting geniale, i due uomini si somigliano davvero tanto fisicamente. È divertentissimo in “Dogma” di Kevin Smith, in cui interpreta l’incavolato e sporco angelo Metatron. Quando appare per la prima volta nella camera da letto di una ragazza, come se si fosse appena svegliato da una sbronza, lei brandisce una mazza da baseball, urlandogli di uscire. Lui risponde, minacciosamente, “Oppure cosa farai, esattamente? Mi colpirai con quel fffffffffish (pesce)?” (E la mazza di baseball si trasforma in un pesce). Di nuovo, chi sceglierebbe di trascinare la “f” in quel modo? Allungare la “f” cambia quello che avrebbe potuto essere solo uno stupido gioco visivo in qualcosa di eccentrico, legato al personaggio, e molto ma molto più divertente. Rickman ha esplorato ogni possibile angolo del linguaggio, scoprendo possibilità che prima non c’erano.

J.K. Rowling ha detto che quando stava scrivendo i libri di Harry Potter, aveva già Alan Rickman in mente per il deliziosamente malevolo (ed anche ambiguo) Severus Snape. Rickman l’ha ispirata mentre lei lo creava. Il look di Rickman come Severus comportava un paggetto stile dandy in nero assoluto, che ricorda John Cazale in “Quel Pomeriggio di un Giorno da Cani” o Javier Bardem in “Non è un Paese per Vecchi”. È un caschetto demenziale. Libero da richieste di realismo, Rickman si immerge, sprofonda in Severus, ed ogni sguardo sfuggente, ogni scintillio degli occhi, ogni mormorio in disparte, ogni oltraggiato dilatare di narici contribuiscono ad aumentare l’effetto finale. Ma la performance non è un puro concentrato di tic. Appare vissuta e sentita, il che la rende anche più assurdamente piacevole. Il pubblico più giovane che non aveva mai visto “Die Hard” ha ricevuto così il primo assaggio di quello che le generazioni più grandi già sapevano: questo tipo potrebbe fare tutto. Tutto.

Rickman ha anche scritto e diretto due film, “The Winter Guest” del 1997, con Emma Thompson e Phyllida Law, dove ha dimostrato grande sensibilità per le atmosfere come regista, e “A Little Chaos” dell’anno scorso (2015), insieme a Kate Winslet, in cui lo stesso Alan Rickman interpreta il Re Sole. Non ho ancora visto “A Little Chaos”, ma il pensiero di Alan Rickman come Re Luigi XIV mi riempie già di eccitazione.

Nel primo decennio del 2000, tra un film di Harry Potter e l’altro, Rickman ha continuato a lavorare costantemente, apparendo nei ruoli di Ronald Reagan in “The Butler” di Lee Daniels, Hilly Kristal in “CBGB”, il Giudice Turpin in “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street”, e allo stesso tempo prestando la sua voce a vari personaggi dei cartoni animati. Non ha mai cessato di apparire in teatro, e tutti coloro che hanno avuto la possibilità di vederlo sul palcoscenico ne sono così grati!

Nel 2002, un mio amico ottenne dei biglietti per noi per la produzione a Broadway di Private Lives di Noel Coward, che ripresentava Alan Rickman e Lindsay Duncan, di nuovo insieme dopo Les Liaisons Dangereuses di 15 anni prima. Private Lives andò in scena solo per 16 settimane, e divenne una di quelle rarità nel teatro di New York: un “evento”. Private Lives era andato esaurito durante le recite a Londra, e la notizia aveva raggiunto gli amanti del teatro attraverso l’Atlantico. Quando i biglietti vennero messi in vendita, il mio amico era pronto.

Quella produzione è una di quelle che non dimenticherò mai. Io vedo parecchi lavori teatrali, qualcuno buono, qualcuno accettabile, qualcuno da dimenticare. Ma una produzione come Private Lives non salta fuori così spesso, ed anche quando la commedia era in scena, io ricordo di aver pensato, “Sono così felice che un giorno potrò dire di averla vista.”

Le produzioni teatrali professionali e i laboratori di recitazione di Private Lives spesso si concentrano sullo sfolgorante spirito dei divorziati Elyot e Amanda, che si rincontrano di nuovo mentre sono nelle loro rispettive lune di miele con nuovi partner e si lanciano battute brillanti l’un l’altra dai loro balconi. Ma senza il forte legame di collegamento esistente tra questi due personaggi disincantati e sofisticati, la commedia non può palesarsi. Sarebbe come “La Signora del Venerdì” senza l’alchimia tra Cary Grant e Rosalind Russell. Il pubblico deve vedere che i personaggi sono pensati per stare insieme, mentre in sottofondo nasce la domanda: chi altro potrebbe sopportare questi due maniaci?

Alan Rickman e Lindsay Duncan erano così sicuri di loro in quel difficile linguaggio che, quando sono tornata a casa, ho tirato fuori di nuovo la commedia. Volevo sperimentare di nuovo il miracolo di come avevano riempito quel linguaggio, di come lo avevano fatto suonare spontaneo. Rickman e Duncan avevano creato una sensazione emozionante di erotismo tra di loro, il magnetismo di questa alchimia così forte che dovevano sfidarsi a vicenda con battute verbali. La ragione per cui sono così aggressivi non è perché sono malvagi o perché sono “sofisticati”, ma perché fanno fatica a resistere alla passione della loro reciproca presenza.

Vedere Rickman dal vivo era una rivelazione. Alcuni attori cinematografici scompaiono nei grandi teatri: senza l’aiuto del closeup della macchina da presa, non sono in grado di proiettare emozioni. L’emozione di Rickman in Private Lives era tutta nella sua postura eloquente, così corretta nel primo atto, e sfinita di sazietà nella stupefacente apertura del secondo. Era in quella voce, quella bellissima voce fluida e strana, così ben conosciuta dal pubblico in tutta la sua duttilità. La sua voce era uno “strumento” incredibile molto più sul palcoscenico che non in un film. L’ho sempre adorato per la sua voce, ma in Private Lives, la usava per esprimere quello che c’era nel cuore amareggiato e orgoglioso di Elyot, in un modo tale che io, seduta a dieci file di distanza dal fondo del teatro, potevo ascoltarlo e sentirlo nelle mie ossa. Non è qualcosa che possano fare i dilettanti.

Alan Rickman aveva solo 69 anni quando è morto. Avrebbe sicuramente continuato a lavorare fino agli 80, o anche oltre, se fosse vissuto. Era quel genere di attore. Non avrebbe mai smesso di piacerci, sorprenderci, intrigarci. Non metteva in mostra la sua etica di lavoro, non si dannava per la nomination all’Oscar, non aveva ansie di carriera. Faceva il suo lavoro brillantemente, andava a casa, appariva in un lavoro teatrale, dirigeva qualcosa, interpretava brillantemente un altro ruolo in un film, tornava a casa, e ancora e ancora.

Un vero professionista.

Edited by Lady Memory - 5/4/2016, 06:53

view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 17:59

Pozionista sofisticato

Group:
Administrator

Grazie, Mariaemilia grazie grazie grazie! :wub:

view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 20:04

Buca-calderoni

Group:
Professore

You are very welcome :)

view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 20:30

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

L'articolo è bellissimo e la tua traduzione, fatta col cuore, gli rende un grande onore.
Grazie mille, Mariaemilia! :wub:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 20:59

Buca-calderoni

Group:
Professore

Grazie a voi per avermelo fatto tradurre. :wub:
Ripeto, mi spiace che non ci sia stato il tempo di rifinirlo meglio...

view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 22:53

Pozionista abile

Group:

L'articolo è veramente stupendo, e a te va un grazie enorme, Mariaemilia, per il tempo che gli hai dedicato e per averci regalato così la possibilità di poterne assaporare ogni parola! :wub:

view post Posted on 4/4/2016, 23:21

Group:
Alan Rickman Fan

:wub: grazie anche da parte mia

Contacts  Top
173 replies since 15/3/2016, 15:47   3820 views