I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Tratto da IMDb

La traduzione è in coda all'articolo in inglese

Overview

Date of Birth 21 February 1946, Hammersmith, London, England, UK
Date of Death 14 January 2016, London, England, UK (pancreatic cancer)
Birth Name Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman
Height 6' 1" (1,85 m)

Mini Bio

Alan Rickman was born on a council estate in Acton, West London, to Margaret Doreen Rose (Bartlett) and Bernard Rickman, who worked at a factory. He had English, Irish, and Welsh ancestry. Alan had an older brother David, a younger brother Michael and a younger sister Sheila. When Alan was 8 years old, his father died. He attended Latymer Upper School on a scholarship. He studied Graphic Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, where he met Rima Horton, who would later become his life partner. After three years at Chelsea College, Rickman did graduate studies at the Royal College of Art. He opened a successful graphics design business, Graphiti, with friends and ran it for several years before his love of theatre led him to seek an audition with the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). At the relatively late age of 26, Rickman received a scholarship to RADA, which started a professional acting career that has lasted nearly 40 years, a career which has spanned stage, screen and television and lapped over into directing, as well.
Rickman first came to the attention of American audiences as "Vicomte de Valmont" in "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" on Broadway in 1987 (he was nominated for a Tony Award for his performance in the role). Denied the role in the film version of the show, Rickman instead made his first movie appearance opposite Bruce Willis in Trappola di cristallo (1988) as the villain, "Hans Gruber". Rickman's take on the urbane villain set the standard for screen villains for decades to come. Though often cited as being a master of playing villains, Rickman actually played a wide variety of characters, such as the romantic cello-playing ghost "Jamie" in Anthony Minghella's Screen Two: Il fantasma innamorato (1990) and the noble "Colonel Brandon" of Ragione e sentimento (1995). He treated audiences to his comedic abilities with films like Dogma (1999), Galaxy Quest (1999) and Guida galattica per autostoppisti (2005), and roles like "Dr. Alfred Blalock" in Something the Lord Made (2004) and "Alex Hughes" in Snow Cake (2006), showcase his ability to play ordinary men in extraordinary situations. Rickman even conquered the daunting task of singing a part in a Stephen Sondheim musical as he took on the part of "Judge Turpin" in the movie adaptation of Sweeney Todd - Il diabolico barbiere di Fleet Street (2007).
In 2001, Rickman introduced himself to a whole new, and younger, generation of fans by taking on the role of "Severus Snape" in the movie versions of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001). He continued to play the role through the eighth and last movie Harry Potter e i Doni della Morte - Parte 2 (2011).

- IMDb Mini Biography By: Rosie Walker ([email protected]) -

Spouse

Rima Horton (2012 - 14 January 2016) (his death)

Trade Mark

Rich smooth voice
Often plays depressive intellectuals in heroic roles
Often plays intimidating personalities
Slow yet calm delivery

Trivia

Chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#34) (1995).
Ranked #59 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
Has been in a relationship with Rima Horton since 1965. The pair share a home in London. Rima Horton has retired from her lecturing position, and lost her seat on the council she worked for in the local elections of May 2006.
Although a highly successful film actor, he has frequently passed up film offers to return to the theater (A place and activity which he calls "magical" and his "first love".).
Nominated for Tony Award as Best Actor for Broadway revival of Noël Coward's "Private Lives" in May 2002.
Despite being author J.K. Rowling's first choice to play Snape in the Harry Potter films (she actually envisioned him when writing the character), he was only given the role in Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001) after Tim Roth (the studio's preferred choice) backed out to star in Planet of the Apes - Il pianeta delle scimmie (2001).
He became well-known to the American public with his performance as Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988).
Before becoming an actor, he studied graphic design at Chelsea College of Art and Design and at the Royal College of Art, forming a successful graphic design company, Graphiti, with several friends.
Named Best Stage Actor for his role in the acclaimed revival of Noël Coward's "Private Lives" at The Variety Club Show Business Awards 2002.
His father, Bernard Rickman, died when he was 8 years old.
Is the second of four children; has an older brother, a younger brother, and a younger sister.
While filming Trappola di cristallo (1988), was found proficient at mimicking American accents; a scene in which Hans Gruber and John McClane finally meet was then added to the script.
Made Vice-Chairman of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) in 2003.
Was offered the role of Leonardo Leonardo in the 2000 cartoon based on Kevin Smith's film Clerks - Commessi (1994). Originally, the character was modeled after Hans Gruber, but the design was changed upon Rickman's request. The studio decided not to go with Rickman, and the role went to Alec Baldwin.
He was nominated for a 2002 Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Actor of 2001 for his performance in "Private Lives" at the Albery Theatre, London.
He was nominated for a 2001 London Evening Standard Theatre Award for Best Actor for his performance in "Private Lives" at the Albery Theatre.
For the shot where Hans Gruber falls from the top of the building in Trappola di cristallo (1988), was actually dropped by a stuntman from a 20-foot high model onto an air bag. To get a genuine surprised look, the stuntman dropped him on the count of two instead of three.
In Trappola di cristallo (1988), he is seen firing a gun three times (in the scene where Gruber shoots Joseph Takagi in the head; in the atrium when Gruber realizes Holly is John's wife and the "shoot the glass" scene), due to his uncontrollable habit of flinching when the gun recoiled. In that scene he blinks just before the camera cuts.
Was voted #19 in Empire Magazine's Greatest Living Movie Stars over the age of 50.
Was active in raising funds for the Labour Party.
Was twice nominated for Broadway's Tony Award as Best Actor (Play): in 1987 for "Les Liaisons Dangereuses", and in 2002 for a revival of Noël Coward's "Private Lives".
Two of the Harry Potter films (so far) also feature Warwick Davis as Professor Flitwick. In Guida galattica per autostoppisti (2005), Rickman and Warwick Davis play the same role. Warwick Davis wore the robotic suit for Marvin, while Rickman provides the voice.
His portrayal of Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988) earned him a spot on the American Film Institute's list of the "100 Best Heroes/Villains" as the 46th best villain in film history.
Good friends with Adrienne Clarkson, Canada's former Governor General. Rickman visited Adrienne Clarkson's Ottawa, Ontario home in May 2005.
Says Canada is like a second home.
Failed his California driving test at one point for "driving too cautiously through a green light".
Was twice nominated for an Laurence Olivier Award as Best Actor (Play): in 1987 for "Les Liaisons Dangereuses", and in 2002 for a revival of Noël Coward's "Private Lives".
Good friends with Sharman Macdonald.
He is 11 years older than Timothy Spall, 12 years older than Adrian Rawlins and Gary Oldman, 17 years older than David Thewlis, and 21 years older than Geraldine Somerville. Nevertheless, the character that the six of them play in the Harry Potter films are meant to be contemporaries and former classmates.
Auditioned for Chris Barrie's character Rimmer in Red Dwarf (1988).
Godfather of Tom Burke.
Was Richard Curtis' choice to play Charles in Quattro matrimoni e un funerale (1994). Curtis was very hesitant in casting Hugh Grant as he had so wanted Rickman.
Read the script of Snow Cake (2006) and suggested Sigourney Weaver for the role of Linda, having worked with her on Galaxy Quest (1999). He even telephoned Weaver, and told her she had to read the script, as there was a role he felt she could play perfectly in it.
Angela Pell stated at the Berlinale Press Conference, that she wrote the role of Snow Cake (2006)'s Alex Hughes with him in mind. The character's name in the script was "Alan", and it was Rickman who suggested the change to Alex.
The script of Galaxy Quest (1999) originally contained a mention of Alexander Dane having been knighted by Queen Elizabeth. He asked that this be changed because he believed it was inconsistent with the character, and all mentions of the knighting were removed. However, the character is still listed in the credits as "Sir Alexander Dane".
For Robin Hood - Principe dei ladri (1991), he turned down the role of the Sheriff twice before he was told he could more or less have carte-blanche with his interpretation of the character.
Had cello lessons for his part in Screen Two: Il fantasma innamorato (1990), and while he handles the right (bowing) hand, the left hand is provided by a real cellist standing behind him with his arm through Alan Rickman's armpit.
For his death plunge down the side of the skyscraper in Trappola di cristallo (1988), he actually dropped 20 feet onto an airbag against a green screen. Director John McTiernan had to jump first to convince Rickman to do it.
Chosen by Empire Magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#83) (2007).
Was best man at the wedding of Dexter Fletcher and Dalia Ibelhauptaite.
Shared a house with Ruby Wax in London in the early 1980s.
Featured twice in Times Online's "The 50 Best Movie Villains" chart: had the 41st position for his role as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood - Principe dei ladri (1991) and the 10th as Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988).
Not long after he started to play Severus Snape in Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001), J.K. Rowling told Rickman some character secrets about Snape that would not be otherwise revealed until the last book. Most significantly, for over seven years, Rickman was one of the very few people other than Rowling to know that Snape had been in love with Lily Evans (later Potter) when they were students at Hogwarts, and both Snape's protection of and antagonism toward Harry came from that. Rowling said that she shared this information with Rickman because "he needed to understand, I think, and does completely understand and did completely understand where this bitterness towards this boy, who's living proof of [Lily's] preference for another man, came from." When the directors of the films would ask him why he was playing a scene a certain way, or delivering a line in a particular manner, Rickman would simply reply that he knew something they didn't.
Voted #8 on Empire Online's list of 50 Sexiest Movie Men. 52% of readers voted that he should have been higher on the list. [October 2009]
Attended the funeral of Natasha Richardson.
During his time at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, he worked as a dresser for actors.
Did not start acting until he was twenty-eight.
Has English, Irish and Welsh ancestry.
Parents are Bernard Rickman and Margaret Doreen Rose.
Worked with director Alfonso Cuarón twice: first in Fallen Angels: Murder, Obliquely (1993) and second in Harry Potter e il prigioniero di Azkaban (2004).
Worked with director Mike Newell twice: first in Un'avventura terribilmente complicata (1995) and second in Harry Potter e il calice di fuoco (2005).
The first film he ever saw was Robinson nell'isola dei corsari (1960) and the film that changed his life was Nashville (1975).
He married his girlfriend of 47 years Rima Horton in a private ceremony in New York.
Two researchers, a linguist and a sound engineer, found "the perfect [male] voice" to be a combination of Rickman's and Jeremy Irons's voices based on a sample of 50 voices.
Was the first choice to play Sidney in Crimetime (1996), but the film's budget was too low to afford him. The role went to Pete Postlethwaite.
Turned down the role of Alec Treveylan in GoldenEye (1995), because he was bored with playing villains. The role went to Sean Bean.
Kevin Smith cast him in Dogma (1999) after he stated in an interview that Smith's In cerca di Amy (1997) was one of his favourite movies of the year. Rickman's presence onset caused Jason Mewes, who was going through a drug problem at the time, to be on his best behaviour. He memorised not only his lines, but the entire script. In his own words, "I didn't want to piss off that Rickman dude".
Was considered to play Captain Hook in Peter Pan (2003). The role went to Jason Isaacs, with whom he co-stared in the Harry Potter movies.
Turned down the role of Jennings in Sfida tra i ghiacci (1994). The role went to Michael Caine.
Appears in the music video of the song "In Demand" by the band Texas.
Auditioned for the role of Moff Jerjerrod in Il ritorno dello Jedi (1983).
Was considered for the role of Bennett in Last Action Hero - L'ultimo grande eroe (1993), but he was deemed too expensive. The role went to Charles Dance. When he found out about this, he wore a t-shirt saying "I'm cheaper than Alan Rickman".
Although he played the Vicomte de Valmont on the West End and Broadway in the West End and Broadway productions of Dangerous Liaisons, he was unable to reprise his role in Le relazioni pericolose (1988), as he chose Trappola di cristallo (1988) instead. John Malkovich replaced him.
Played the lead in Theresa Rebeck's play "Seminar".
In 1965, at the age of 19, Rickman met 18-year-old Rima Horton, who became his first girlfriend and would later be a Labour Party councillor on the Kensington and Chelsea London Borough Council (1986-2006) and an economics lecturer at the nearby Kingston University. They lived together from 1977 until his death. In 2015, Rickman confirmed that they had married in a private ceremony in New York City in 2012.
Died 47 days before his 70th birthday.
The seventieth Harry Potter film series cast member to die. He died a day before Roger Lloyd Pack's 2nd death anniversary, who also died from pancreatic cancer less than a month before his 70th birthday - just like Rickman.

Personal Quotes

I do take my work seriously and the way to do that is not to take yourself too seriously.
On longtime partner Rima Horton: I think every relationship should be allowed to have its own rules. She's tolerant. She's incredibly tolerant. Unbelievably tolerant. Possibly a candidate for sainthood.
I have a love-hate relationship with white silk.
I do feel more myself in America. I can regress there, and they have roller-coaster parks.
On not being a father: I love to travel and I don't have children, so there is a certain freedom.
If you spend any time in Los Angeles, there's only one topic of conversation.
Los Angeles is not a town full of airheads. There's a great deal of wonderful energy there.
I love America because whenever I go home -- there's something about England and coming from England -- but as soon as you walk down the steps of the plane you shrink. And you have to start saying "sorry" and being polite and curtsying and things like that... America just lets me be the klutz I really am.
I approach every part I'm asked to do and decide to do from exactly the same angle: who is this person, what does he want, how does he attempt to get it, and what happens to him when he doesn't get it, or if he does?
It's a great pleasure to me to work on film now as well as on the stage. But it is no soft option. It isn't easier. It's in many ways more difficult, and it's a different kind of a challenge. You have to think a lot quicker and be a lot more immediate. And watching Bruce [Bruce Willis] and Kevin [Kevin Costner] and Tom Selleck deal with that has been an education.
I've learned a lot working with Bruce [Bruce Willis] and Kevin [Kevin Costner]. I mean, I'm the one that's there to learn, actually, in that situation.
The job of directing it is absolutely terrifying. But you realise you've learned so much down the line ... like Anthony [director Anthony Minghella]'s vulnerability on the set of Screen Two: Il fantasma innamorato (1990). He gathered all the actors together on day one and said: 'I have one word: help.' ... Ralph [actor and director Ralph Fiennes] gave me another piece of advice, which was, 'The danger of directing yourself is that you are embarrassed about going for another take.' [2015]
I don't play villains, I play very interesting people.
(On his role in Trappola di cristallo (1988)) "As far as I'm concerned, I'm not playing 'the villain.' I'm just playing somebody who wants certain things in life, has made certain choices, and goes after them."

TRADUZIONE

Informazioni generali

Data di nascita 21 febbraio 1946, Hammersmith, Londra, Inghilterra, Regno Unito
Data di morte 14 gennaio 2016, Londra, Inghilterra, Regno Unito (cancro al pancreas)
Nome di nascita Alan Sidney Patrick Rickman
Altezza 6' 1" (1,85 m)

Mini biografia

Alan Rickman è nato in un quartiere popolare di Acton, nella zona ovest di Londra, da Margaret Doreen Rose (Bartlett) e Bernard Rickman, che lavorava in una fabbrica. Ha origini inglesi, irlandesi e gallesi. Alan aveva un fratello maggiore David, un fratello minore Michael e una sorella minore Sheila. Quando Alan aveva 8 anni, suo padre morì. Ha frequentato la Latymer Upper School con una borsa di studio. Studia Graphic Design al Chelsea College of Art and Design, dove incontra Rima Horton, che diventerà la sua compagna di vita. Dopo tre anni al Chelsea College, Rickman si è diplomato al Royal College of Art. Con alcuni amici apre un'attività di design grafico di successo, Graphiti, che gestisce per diversi anni prima che il suo amore per il teatro lo porti a cercare un'audizione alla Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). All'età relativamente tarda di 26 anni, Rickman ha ottenuto una borsa di studio alla RADA, dando inizio a una carriera di attore professionista che dura da quasi 40 anni, una carriera che ha spaziato tra palcoscenico, schermo e televisione e che si è estesa anche alla regia.
Rickman si è imposto per la prima volta all'attenzione del pubblico americano nel ruolo del "Visconte di Valmont" in "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" a Broadway nel 1987 (per la sua interpretazione ha ricevuto una nomination al Tony Award). Rifiutato il ruolo nella versione cinematografica dello spettacolo, Rickman fece invece la sua prima apparizione cinematografica al fianco di Bruce Willis in Trappola di cristallo (1988) nel ruolo del cattivo "Hans Gruber". L'interpretazione di Rickman del cattivo urbano ha stabilito lo standard per i cattivi del cinema per i decenni a venire. Sebbene sia spesso citato come un maestro nell'interpretare i cattivi, Rickman ha in realtà interpretato un'ampia varietà di personaggi, come il romantico fantasma che suona il violoncello "Jamie" in Screen Two: Il fantasma innamorato (1990) di Anthony Minghella e il nobile "Colonnello Brandon" di Ragione e sentimento (1995). Ha fatto conoscere al pubblico le sue capacità comiche con film come Dogma (1999), Galaxy Quest (1999) e Guida galattica per autostoppisti (2005), e ruoli come il "Dr. Alfred Blalock" in Something the Lord Made (2004) e "Alex Hughes" in Snow Cake (2006), dimostrano la sua capacità di interpretare uomini comuni in situazioni straordinarie. Rickman ha persino affrontato l'arduo compito di cantare una parte in un musical di Stephen Sondheim, assumendo il ruolo del "giudice Turpin" nell'adattamento cinematografico di Sweeney Todd - Il diabolico barbiere di Fleet Street (2007).
Nel 2001, Rickman si è presentato a una nuova e più giovane generazione di fan assumendo il ruolo di "Severus Piton" nella versione cinematografica di Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001) di J.K. Rowling. Ha continuato a interpretare il ruolo fino all'ottavo e ultimo film Harry Potter e i Doni della Morte - Parte 2 (2011).

- IMDb Mini Biografia Di: Rosie Walker ([email protected]) -

Coniuge

Rima Horton (2012 - 14 gennaio 2016) (morte sua)

Marchio commerciale

Voce ricca e soave
Spesso interpreta intellettuali depressi in ruoli eroici
Spesso interpreta personalità intimidatorie
Recitazione lenta e calma

Curiosità

Scelto dalla rivista Empire come una delle 100 star più sexy della storia del cinema (n. 34) (1995).
Classificato al 59° posto nella lista "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" della rivista Empire (UK). [Ottobre 1997]
Ha una relazione con Rima Horton dal 1965. I due condividono una casa a Londra. Rima Horton si è ritirata dal suo incarico di docente e ha perso il suo seggio nel consiglio comunale per cui lavorava alle elezioni del maggio 2006.
Sebbene sia un attore cinematografico di grande successo, ha spesso rifiutato offerte cinematografiche per tornare al teatro (un luogo e un'attività che definisce "magici" e il suo "primo amore").
Nominato al Tony Award come miglior attore per il revival di Broadway di "Private Lives" di Noël Coward nel maggio 2002.
Nonostante fosse la prima scelta dell'autrice J.K. Rowling per interpretare Piton nei film di Harry Potter (lo aveva immaginato durante la stesura del personaggio), gli è stato affidato il ruolo in Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001) solo dopo che Tim Roth (la scelta preferita dallo studio) si è tirato indietro per recitare in Planet of the Apes - Il pianeta delle scimmie (2001).
È diventato noto al pubblico americano con l'interpretazione di Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988).
Prima di diventare attore, ha studiato graphic design al Chelsea College of Art and Design e al Royal College of Art, formando con alcuni amici una società di graphic design di successo, Graphiti.
È stato nominato miglior attore teatrale per il suo ruolo nell'acclamato revival di "Private Lives" di Noël Coward ai The Variety Club Show Business Awards 2002.
Suo padre, Bernard Rickman, è morto quando lui aveva 8 anni.
È il secondo di quattro figli; ha un fratello maggiore, un fratello minore e una sorella minore.
Durante le riprese di Trappola di cristallo (1988), si è rivelato abile nel mimare l'accento americano; una scena in cui Hans Gruber e John McClane si incontrano è stata quindi aggiunta alla sceneggiatura.
Nel 2003 è stato nominato vicepresidente della Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
Gli è stato offerto il ruolo di Leonardo Leonardo nel cartone animato del 2000 basato sul film Clerks - Commessi (1994) di Kevin Smith. In origine, il personaggio era modellato su Hans Gruber, ma il design fu cambiato su richiesta di Rickman. Lo studio decise di non scegliere Rickman e il ruolo andò ad Alec Baldwin.
È stato nominato al Laurence Olivier Theatre Award 2002 come miglior attore del 2001 per la sua interpretazione in "Private Lives" all'Albery Theatre di Londra.
È stato nominato per il London Evening Standard Theatre Award 2001 come miglior attore per la sua interpretazione in "Private Lives" all'Albery Theatre.
Per l'inquadratura in cui Hans Gruber cade dall'alto dell'edificio in Trappola di cristallo (1988), è stato effettivamente fatto cadere da uno stuntman da un modello alto 6 metri su un air bag. Per ottenere un'autentica espressione di sorpresa, lo stuntman durante il conteggio lo fece cadere al due invece che al tre.
In Trappola di cristallo (1988), lo si vede sparare con una pistola per tre volte (nella scena in cui Gruber spara in testa a Joseph Takagi, nell'atrio quando Gruber si accorge che Holly è la moglie di John e nella scena "spara al vetro"), a causa della sua incontrollabile abitudine di sbattere le palpebre quando la pistola rincula. In quella scena sbatte le palpebre appena prima che la telecamera tagli.
È stato votato al n. 19 della classifica delle più grandi star del cinema viventi di Empire Magazine oltre i 50 anni.
È stato attivo nella raccolta di fondi per il Partito Laburista.
È stato nominato due volte al Tony Award di Broadway come miglior attore (opera teatrale): nel 1987 per "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" e nel 2002 per un revival di "Private Lives" di Noël Coward.
Anche due dei film di Harry Potter (finora) vedono Warwick Davis nel ruolo del Professor Flitwick. In Guida galattica per autostoppisti (2005), Rickman e Warwick Davis interpretano lo stesso ruolo. Warwick Davis indossa la tuta robotica per Marvin, mentre Rickman fornisce la voce.
La sua interpretazione di Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988) gli è valsa un posto nella lista dei "100 migliori eroi/villani" dell'American Film Institute, come 46° miglior cattivo della storia del cinema.
Buon amico di Adrienne Clarkson, ex governatore generale del Canada. Rickman ha visitato la casa di Adrienne Clarkson a Ottawa, Ontario, nel maggio 2005.
Dice che il Canada è come una seconda casa.
Non ha superato l'esame di guida in California per aver "guidato con troppa cautela al semaforo verde".
È stato nominato due volte per il Laurence Olivier Award come miglior attore (opera teatrale): nel 1987 per "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" e nel 2002 per un revival di "Private Lives" di Noël Coward.
È molto amico di Sharman Macdonald.
Ha 11 anni più di Timothy Spall, 12 anni più di Adrian Rawlins e Gary Oldman, 17 anni più di David Thewlis e 21 anni più di Geraldine Somerville. Tuttavia, i personaggi che i sei interpretano nei film di Harry Potter sono pensati come coetanei ed ex compagni di classe.
Ha fatto il provino per il personaggio di Chris Barrie, Rimmer, in Red Dwarf (1988).
Padrino di Tom Burke.

È stato scelto da Richard Curtis per interpretare Charles in Quattro matrimoni e un funerale (1994). Curtis era molto titubante nell'affidare il ruolo a Hugh Grant, dato che desiderava tanto Rickman.
Ha letto la sceneggiatura di Snow Cake (2006) e ha suggerito Sigourney Weaver per il ruolo di Linda, avendo lavorato con lei in Galaxy Quest (1999). Ha persino telefonato alla Weaver, dicendole che doveva leggere il copione, perché c'era un ruolo che secondo lui avrebbe potuto interpretare perfettamente.
Angela Pell ha dichiarato alla conferenza stampa della Berlinale di aver scritto il ruolo di Alex Hughes di Snow Cake (2006) pensando a lui. Il nome del personaggio nella sceneggiatura era "Alan", e fu Rickman a suggerire il cambiamento in Alex.
La sceneggiatura di Galaxy Quest (1999) conteneva originariamente una menzione di Alexander Dane che era stato nominato cavaliere dalla Regina Elisabetta. Rickman ha chiesto che questo venisse cambiato perché riteneva che non fosse coerente con il personaggio, e tutte le menzioni del cavalierato sono state rimosse. Tuttavia, il personaggio è ancora indicato nei titoli di coda come "Sir Alexander Dane".
Per Robin Hood - Principe dei ladri (1991), ha rifiutato due volte il ruolo dello Sceriffo prima che gli venisse detto che poteva avere più o meno carta bianca nella sua interpretazione del personaggio.
Ha preso lezioni di violoncello per la sua parte in TMD: Il fantasma innamorato (1990), e mentre lui gestisce la mano destra (l'arco), la mano sinistra è fornita da un vero violoncellista in piedi dietro di lui con il braccio sotto l'ascella di Alan Rickman.
Per il suo tuffo mortale dal lato del grattacielo in Trappola di cristallo (1988), si è effettivamente lasciato cadere per 6 metri su un airbag contro uno schermo verde. Il regista John McTiernan dovette saltare per primo per convincere Rickman a farlo.
Scelto da Empire Magazine come una delle 100 star più sexy della storia del cinema (n. 83) (2007).
È stato testimone di nozze di Dexter Fletcher e Dalia Ibelhauptaite.
Ha condiviso una casa con Ruby Wax a Londra nei primi anni Ottanta.
È stato inserito due volte nella classifica "The 50 Best Movie Villains" del Times Online: al 41° posto per il ruolo dello Sceriffo di Nottingham in Robin Hood - Principe dei ladri (1991) e al 10° per quello di Hans Gruber in Trappola di cristallo (1988).
Non molto tempo dopo aver iniziato a interpretare Severus Piton in Harry Potter e la pietra filosofale (2001), J.K. Rowling ha rivelato a Rickman alcuni segreti sul personaggio di Piton che non sarebbero stati rivelati fino all'ultimo libro. In particolare, per oltre sette anni Rickman è stato una delle pochissime persone, oltre alla Rowling, a sapere che Piton era stato innamorato di Lily Evans (poi Potter) quando erano studenti a Hogwarts, e che la protezione e l'antagonismo di Piton nei confronti di Harry derivavano da questo. La Rowling ha detto di aver condiviso queste informazioni con Rickman perché "aveva bisogno di capire, credo, e capisce perfettamente e ha capito perfettamente da dove deriva questa amarezza verso questo ragazzo, che è la prova vivente della preferenza di [Lily] per un altro uomo". Quando i registi dei film gli chiedevano perché interpretasse una scena in un certo modo o pronunciasse una battuta in un modo particolare, Rickman rispondeva semplicemente che sapeva qualcosa che loro non sapevano.
Votato all'ottavo posto nella lista dei 50 uomini di cinema più sexy stilata da Empire Online. Il 52% dei lettori ha votato che avrebbe dovuto essere più in alto nella lista. [Ottobre 2009]
Ha partecipato al funerale di Natasha Richardson.
Durante il periodo trascorso alla Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, ha lavorato come sarto per gli attori.
Ha iniziato a recitare solo a ventotto anni.
Ha origini inglesi, irlandesi e gallesi.
I genitori sono Bernard Rickman e Margaret Doreen Rose.
Ha lavorato due volte con il regista Alfonso Cuarón: la prima in Fallen Angels: Murder, Obliquely (1993) e in Harry Potter e il prigioniero di Azkaban (2004).
Ha lavorato due volte con il regista Mike Newell: la prima in Un'avventura terribilmente complicata (1995) e la seconda in Harry Potter e il calice di fuoco (2005).
Il primo film che ha visto è stato Robinson nell'isola dei corsari (1960) e il film che gli ha cambiato la vita è stato Nashville (1975).
Ha sposato la sua fidanzata di 47 anni Rima Horton con una cerimonia privata a New York.
Due ricercatori, un linguista e un ingegnere del suono, hanno trovato "la voce [maschile] perfetta" in una combinazione delle voci di Rickman e Jeremy Irons sulla base di un campione di 50 voci.
Era la prima scelta per interpretare Sidney in Crimetime (1996), ma il budget del film era troppo basso per permetterglielo. Il ruolo andò a Pete Postlethwaite.
Ha rifiutato il ruolo di Alec Treveylan in GoldenEye (1995), perché si annoiava a interpretare i cattivi. Il ruolo andò a Sean Bean.
Kevin Smith lo ha scritturato per Dogma (1999) dopo aver dichiarato in un'intervista che In cerca di Amy (1997) di Smith era stato uno dei suoi film preferiti dell'anno. L'insorgenza della presenza di Rickman ha fatto sì che Jason Mewes, che all'epoca aveva problemi di droga, si comportasse al meglio. Non solo memorizzò le sue battute, ma anche l'intera sceneggiatura. Per dirla con le sue parole: "Non volevo far arrabbiare quel Rickman".
È stato preso in considerazione per interpretare il Capitano Uncino in Peter Pan (2003). Il ruolo è andato a Jason Isaacs, con cui ha recitato nei film di Harry Potter.

Ha rifiutato il ruolo di Jennings in Sfida tra i ghiacci (1994). Il ruolo andò a Michael Caine.
Appare nel video musicale della canzone "In Demand" della band Texas.
Ha fatto il provino per il ruolo di Moff Jerjerrod in Il ritorno dello Jedi (1983).
È stato considerato per il ruolo di Bennett in Last Action Hero - L'ultimo grande eroe (1993), ma è stato ritenuto troppo costoso. Il ruolo andò a Charles Dance. Quando lo scoprì, indossò una maglietta con la scritta "Sono più economico di Alan Rickman".
Sebbene abbia interpretato il visconte di Valmont nelle produzioni del West End e di Broadway di Dangerous Liaisons, non ha potuto riprendere il suo ruolo in Le relazioni pericolose (1988), scegliendo invece Trappola di cristallo (1988). John Malkovich lo sostituisce.
Ha interpretato il protagonista della commedia di Theresa Rebeck "Seminar".
Nel 1965, all'età di 19 anni, Rickman conobbe la diciottenne Rima Horton, che divenne la sua prima fidanzata e che in seguito sarebbe stata consigliere del partito laburista nel consiglio comunale di Kensington e Chelsea (1986-2006) e docente di economia presso la vicina Kingston University. I due hanno vissuto insieme dal 1977 fino alla morte di lui. Nel 2015, Rickman ha confermato che si erano sposati con una cerimonia privata a New York nel 2012.
È morto 47 giorni prima del suo 70° compleanno.
È il settantesimo membro del cast della serie di Harry Potter a morire. È morto un giorno prima del secondo anniversario di morte di Roger Lloyd Pack, anch'egli deceduto per un cancro al pancreas meno di un mese prima del suo 70° compleanno, proprio come Rickman.

Citazioni personali

Prendo sul serio il mio lavoro e il modo per farlo è non prendersi troppo sul serio.

Sulla compagna di lunga data Rima Horton: Penso che ogni relazione debba avere le proprie regole. Lei è tollerante. È incredibilmente tollerante. Incredibilmente tollerante. Forse è candidata alla santità.

Ho un rapporto di amore-odio con la seta bianca.

Mi sento più me stessa in America. Lì posso regredire e ci sono le montagne russe.

Sul fatto di non essere padre: Mi piace viaggiare e non ho figli, quindi c'è una certa libertà.

Se si passa un po' di tempo a Los Angeles, c'è un solo argomento di conversazione.

Los Angeles non è una città piena di teste d'aria. C'è una grande energia.
Amo l'America perché ogni volta che torno a casa - c'è qualcosa nell'Inghilterra e nel venire dall'Inghilterra - ma appena scendi i gradini dell'aereo ti rimpicciolisci. E devi iniziare a dire "scusa", a essere educato, a fare l'inchino e cose del genere... L'America mi lascia essere l'imbranato che sono in realtà.
Affronto ogni parte che mi viene chiesta e che decido di fare partendo esattamente dallo stesso punto di vista: chi è questa persona, cosa vuole, come cerca di ottenerlo e cosa gli succede quando non lo ottiene o se lo ottiene?

Per me è un grande piacere lavorare al cinema, oltre che sul palcoscenico. Ma non è una scelta morbida. Non è più facile. Per molti versi è più difficile, ed è una sfida diversa. Bisogna pensare molto più velocemente ed essere molto più immediati. Osservare Bruce [Bruce Willis], Kevin [Kevin Costner] e Tom Selleck alle prese con questa situazione è stato istruttivo.

Ho imparato molto lavorando con Bruce [Bruce Willis] e Kevin [Kevin Costner]. In realtà sono io che devo imparare in quella situazione.

Il lavoro di regia è assolutamente terrificante. Ma poi ti rendi conto di aver imparato molto... come la vulnerabilità di Anthony [il regista Anthony Minghella] sul set di TMD: Il fantasma innamorato (1990). Riunì tutti gli attori il primo giorno e disse: "Ho una parola: aiuto"...

Ralph [l'attore e regista Ralph Fiennes] mi ha dato un altro consiglio: "Il pericolo di dirigere te stesso è che ti imbarazzi a fare un'altra ripresa. [2015]

Non interpreto cattivi, ma persone molto interessanti.

(Sul suo ruolo in Trappola di cristallo (1988)) "Per quanto mi riguarda, non interpreto il "cattivo". Interpreto solo qualcuno che vuole certe cose nella vita, ha fatto certe scelte e le persegue".

Edited by Ida59 - 4/8/2022, 17:53

Web  Top
60 replies since 8/1/2007, 17:39   16053 views