Il Calderone di Severus

John Gabriel Borkman, Tanto per sapere cosa andremo a vedere a Dublino!

« Older   Newer »
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 11/1/2011, 21:26

Foto dallo stage door di New York!
Fonte OGR

Non potete capire come invidio ( in senso buono ovviamente) questa ragazza, che bella foto!!!
Leggendo il resonconto però sono stata un po' gelosa! :ph34r:

qaHgPHJ

-FIRST ALAN RICKMAN ENCOUNTER {Friday January 7, 2011}-

Qui la traduzione

This was my first night meeting Alan Rickman.
I took my seat for the play 7:00 PM.
His voice rang out and mesmerizes the crowd.
The most famous line with “I Love You” will haunt you - chillingly sexy.
I couldn’t find the stage door and my best friend went up to ask the guard where we could find it. The guard (little did we know was Alan Rickman’s body guard) whispered to us where we could find it and that he wasn’t sure if Alan will be able to take photos and autographs with us.
We found the stage door with a group of people already waiting for him. Note that it was below 20 degrees outside so we were bundled up.
While waiting I met with Kat - a huge Rickman fan and a great new pal who really adores him as much as we all do. And why I mention her? Because she did something that I could never repay her with.
Alan Rickman finally comes out about 45 minutes after the show - by that time most of us already were numb from the cold but did this for Alan - and took photos/autographs. I was last in line but took Kat’s camera then took photos her photos with Alan because she was ahead of me. She wanted me to take photos of him every moment she was with him but that couldn’t be achieved because he looked at me and instantly went in photo pose. She got to ask him if his fingers hurt after putting out the fire in one scene. There was a candle holder with five candles and he put them all out with his fingers. He smiled and said no - he explained with his hands. Quote and unquote: “No it didn’t hurt I just did a little of this” then gestured with his hands by putting them close to his lips and pretended to put out the candles in front.
He then turned to leave (note Rima was there) and wanted to go.
I quickly didn’t want to take up his time and tapped him on the arm and asked for a photo and autograph. My friend who went with me on the trip then told him how much of a fan I was. And his response? He laughed at me and smiled. Then we took the photo. He is very tall and when he looks down at you - you get so speechless.
I went back to my friend who took a photo of us together but found out that it wasn’t taken but luckily Kat took the photo and I still thank her for that. THANK YOU KAT! He left early and in a hurry so I couldn’t really ask him anything. But there still was the next night.

Stessa ragazza, secondo incontro. ^_^

x5QGJGf

Qui la traduzione

ALAN RICKMAN ENCOUNTER 2 {January 8, 2011}

Arrived back at hotel only to realize that my friend who took the photo - well - it didn’t come out. Sadly and hopefully - I wanted to go back for re-shot and to get some questions answered so I went back later this night. This time there were twice as many fans than before and we had to stand in a line.
When Alan Rickman came out everyone literally climbed over me to get to him.
The body guard then came out to control the group.
Alan then signed autographs but in super speed.
I quickly asked him for another photo while he signed.
He turned and looked down at me and told me quote/unquote: “Let me do autographs first, then I shall do photos.”
After a few moments, he lifted out arms and put them on his sides and called out to his fans, “And now for some photos!” Everyone pushed and smushed us together. I couldn’t believe it - I literally had my face pushed into his side as this crowd grew wild. Cold leather jacket. But at least he laughed as I shout out - “GROUP HUG!” along with it.
After a few more moments we had photos done - someone brought up a Snape poster in which he rejected. “I don’t do Harry Potter.”
And then that was that and he quickly disappeared around the corner. Some people went after him.
Once again - questions unanswered.

Edited by Arwen68 - 29/6/2022, 22:17

view post Posted on 11/1/2011, 21:40

Apprendista Pozionista

Group:
Harry Potter Fan

:lol:
Che faccina simpatica che ha!!! :woot:

view post Posted on 11/1/2011, 22:33

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Ma a quell'uomo regalano tutti solo sciarpe per Natale? Così poi lui ne cambia una ogni sera?

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 11/1/2011, 22:39

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 11/1/2011, 22:33) 
Ma a quell'uomo regalano tutti solo sciarpe per Natale? Così poi lui ne cambia una ogni sera?

No, quella lì è vecchia, ce l'aveva nella foto dove è seduto sulla sedia e sembra un lord inglese è la prima foto della discussione sulle sciarpe...
ormai conosco tutto il suo guardaroba, credo sia giunto il momento di chiamare il manicomio... rinchiudetemi!XD!

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 13/1/2011, 20:59

Su Theatremania.com è apparsa questa recensione con tanto di foto.
La recensione non è molto buona, secondo il tipo Alan Rickman sarebbe poco intenso nei panni di Borkman... :blink:

Qui la traduzione

John Gabriel Borkman

Reviewed By: Andy Propst · Jan 13, 2011 · New York

Any staging of Henrik Ibsen's rarely performed John Gabriel Borkman now at BAM is is a welcome treat for theatergoers. And director James Macdonald's uneven new production, which originated at Ireland's Abbey Theater, boasts two powerful and often frightening turns from British stars Lindsay Duncan and Fiona Shaw. When the two actresses share the stage, the production not only sparks with unexpected humor, but brilliantly catches fire.

It's unquestionable that Borkman, written over 110 years ago, resonates for contemporary audiences. The title character (Alan Rickman) is a once-powerful bank manager, who prior to the play's beginning was imprisoned for misappropriating his investors' money. And when Borkman's wife Gunhild (Shaw) describes the details of her husband's shame and the couple's profligacy, the specters of the Madoffs spring into theatergoers' minds. Later, as Borkman details how he had planned to harness the natural resources of his country to create an empire for himself, the memory of the Enron debacle stirs.

Yet, Ibsen's play does not focus on the intricacies of Borkman's misdeeds. Instead, it centers on the emotional and psychological devastation that the man's quest for power has wrought on himself and those around him -- not only his wife, but her twin sister, Ella (Duncan) and his son, Erhart (Marty Rea) -- and the ways in which all of these characters are attempting to rebuild their lives some 16 years after Borkman's fiscal transgressions were discovered.

For instance, Gunhild, whom Shaw imbues with a deliberate icy severity and brittleness, hopes to inspire Erhart to accomplish such great things that the family's disgrace will be erased. Unfortunately, Erhart, who, during the early part of his life, was raised by Aunt Ella, has little patience for his mother's demands, as he's fallen in love with Mrs. Wilton (played with cutting vivacity by Cathy Belton), a divorcee of whom Gunhild certainly does not approve.

Ella, brought to life with fatigued passion, indomitable strength, and understated compassion, by Duncan, also has an agenda for her nephew and for Borkman, who jilted her when they were younger. Ella wants to convince Erhart to reassume his role as her surrogate son. She has come to the Borkman estate -- which is actually her property -- hoping that she might convince his father to assist her in her plans and ready to do battle (on whatever level necessary) with her equally manipulative sister to accomplish her ends.

As the faded, yet still vital, Borkman, Rickman delivers sturdily, but never as intensely. The performer's deep voice certainly demands attention, but somehow in portraying this man who has convinced himself that he has wronged no one but himself, Rickman turns in a performance that is overly muted (particularly under Jean Kalman's overly dim lighting design). It's not until late in the play, when Borkmanrages against a blizzard into which he's wandered, that the actor actually captures audiences' imaginations.

While Rea's turn as Erhart underwhelms, there is fine supporting work from John Kavanagh as the warmhearted Wilhelm, a former subordinate of Borkman's, and from Amy Molloy as Frida, the latter man's daughter, who has become a companion to not only Borkman, but also Mrs. Wilton.

Tom Pye's elegantly spare scenic design surrounds the stage with snowdrifts and indicates the interiors with only a few pieces of furniture. It's a grand visual metaphor for the stormy barrenness of the central characters' emotional worlds.

Edited by Arwen68 - 29/6/2022, 22:20

Ale85LeoSign
view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 19:42

Qualche foto da NY

hTkkGZY

nPl1dDk

cWxpbBJ

E qui c'è il cast al completo! Ehm... vogliamo notare le scarpe di Fiona... :blink:

BXRklie

Edited by Arwen68 - 15/1/2018, 23:53

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 20:14

Le scarpe di Fiona sono niente confronto alla camicia di Mr Rickman con le spille da balia... che urrurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 20:32

Altre due recensioni, piuttosto tiepidine. :blink:
Io odio i critici! :angry:
Possibile che trovino sempre il pelo nell'uovo?!
Il secondo poi lo spettacolo non l'ha nemmeno visto :blink:

QUI

Edit:una delle due recensioni non è più disponibile.

Edited by Arwen68 - 17/1/2018, 18:28

view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 20:51

Apprendista Pozionista

Group:
Harry Potter Fan

ahahahah magnifiche scarpe e magnifica camicia!! :sick:

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 20:56

Video dell' Abbey Theatre su Borkman, mai visto.

Video

Edited by Arwen68 - 15/1/2018, 23:57

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 14/1/2011, 23:23

Finalmente una bella recensione!!! ;)

‘’It's an unusual kind of love triangle—even becoming, rather absurdly, a quadrangle later on—but Ibsen was after something more allegorical than realistic here. There's much to admire along the way to the play's drawn-out, melodramatic ending in a whooshing snowstorm: Frank McGuinness's new adaptation, both noble and slick; Macdonald's elegant staging, ably abetted by Tom Pye's dark set and Joan Bergin's perfectly stiff period costumes; and above all the performances of the superb cast.’’

‘’each has poignant moments, as does Mr. Rickman, biting through Borkman's sourness to touch us even through our exasperation at his mean sarcasm.’’

Edited by Arwen68 - 16/1/2018, 00:04

view post Posted on 15/1/2011, 11:05

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Caps tratte dal video in esclusiva per voi.

Cap_Borkman_1

Cap_Borkman_2

Cap_Borkman_4

Edited by Arwen68 - 16/1/2018, 00:05

Web  Top
Ale85LeoSign
view post Posted on 15/1/2011, 12:05

Bellissime caps!

Certo che se facessero uscire, una volta finito lo spettacolo, un dvd... sarebbe grandioso!

view post Posted on 15/1/2011, 12:23

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Ale85LeoSign @ 15/1/2011, 12:05) 
Certo che se facessero uscire, una volta finito lo spettacolo, un dvd... sarebbe grandioso!

Magari!!!
In passato non è mai successo ma, chissà, le cose cambiano e... mai dire mai!

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 15/1/2011, 14:49

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 15/1/2011, 12:23) 
CITAZIONE (Ale85LeoSign @ 15/1/2011, 12:05) 

Magari!!!
In passato non è mai successo ma, chissà, le cose cambiano e... mai dire mai!

Magari, io ambirei a un cofanetto con tutti i suoi lavori teatrali, ma credo sia un po' utopico.
Bellissime le caps Ida, le ho già aggiunte alla collezione.
Ho trovato altre due recensioni buone... quantomeno questi lo spettacolo lo hanno visto.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/...into_ibsen.html

Edit: eliminato uno dei link in quanto non più funzionante.

Edited by Arwen68 - 17/1/2018, 18:28

266 replies since 10/8/2010, 21:45   7985 views