Il Calderone di Severus

John Gabriel Borkman, Tanto per sapere cosa andremo a vedere a Dublino!

« Older   Newer »
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 18/1/2011, 23:57

Altra infornata, ringrazio Jastrow di Page 394:
Queste sono le sue foto!
www.flickr.com/photos/jastrow/sets/72157625854665112/

Edited by halfbloodprincess78 - 19/1/2011, 00:03

view post Posted on 19/1/2011, 00:00

Pozionista abile

Group:

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 18/1/2011, 23:54) 
Ale ormai è diventata molto brava a riconoscere Rima... del resto ha passato un intero pomeriggio a chiacchierare con lei, distesa nella sdraia di fianco a Volterra! ;)

LOL, già dimenticavo, e tutto ciò senza nemmeno rendersene conto :lol:

view post Posted on 20/1/2011, 10:57

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (halfbloodprincess78 @ 18/1/2011, 23:57) 
Altra infornata, ringrazio Jastrow di Page 394:
Queste sono le sue foto!

Ma sono assolutamente stupende!!! Ringrazia tantissimo Jastrow e falle i nostri complimenti!

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 20/1/2011, 21:02

Recensione da Pag 394

Traduzione a cura di Giulia Nerucci

Winter chill

A new production of a rare and all-too-relevant play
Ibsen's “John Gabriel Borkman”

Jan 20th 2011 | NEW YORK

HENRIK IBSEN understood the cloying power of the sumptuous drawing room. The heavy furniture and stale air, the binding corsets and suffocating mores; what could be more maddening? In such cosy prisons minds don’t merely wander, they race. So it is with “John Gabriel Borkman”, Ibsen’s penultimate play, about a disgraced former bank manager who pads around like “a sick wolf” in the cage of his home. Jailed for years, he now sulks in his study while his aggrieved wife prowls around downstairs. The action takes place on a single winter evening in rooms as frigid as the surrounding snow.

Anyone who sees the Abbey Theatre’s production, now at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, will wonder why this play is not staged more often. It is not just that the 19th-century drama feels timely; it concerns a cocky man who misused other people’s money. In the right hands, as in this version directed by James Macdonald, “John Gabriel Borkman” tells a deeper story about the desperate ways people try to make sense of their lives. Too miserable to comprehend the present, the characters cling to false memories and delusional expectations. “Castles in the air—they are so easy to take refuge in,” Ibsen once observed.

Tom Pye’s elegant set mixes shiny dark surfaces with stark white snow. The colour comes from the performances. A grand cast, working from a new translation by Frank McGuinness, features Alan Rickman as the titular banker, Fiona Shaw as his vengeful wife and Lindsay Duncan as her estranged sister and his betrayed lover—a fiercer trio can hardly be found on the modern stage. The tricky roles veer close to melodrama, but these actors find their humanity, and deliver tension to scenes that might otherwise feel overlong.

Lonely and dying, Ella (a dignified and restrained Ms Duncan) pays a surprise visit to her family’s estate. She hopes to convince her nephew, Erhart, to live with her again. But her twin sister, Gunhild, who is Erhart’s mother, has other plans for the young man. Hobbled by the “filthy disgrace” of her husband’s crimes and righteous in her innocence (“How could I know it wasn’t his own money he gave me to squander?”), she clings to Erhart in the belief that he will clear the family name. In Ms Shaw’s hands, Gunhild is no one-note harpy. Limping about and brimming with noxious anger, she makes it difficult to look elsewhere on stage.

Mr Rickman makes for a delicately grim Borkman. Abandoned yet impenitent, he spends his days brooding and waiting for the day he will be vindicated. Though he never goes out, he is dressed immaculately, from his cravat to his shiny shoes, ever prepared for when his bank colleagues “come up here, get down on bended knees and beg me to come back”, he says in that dark-chocolate voice of his. Seduced by power, he tossed aside his love for Ella in order to create the kingdom of his dreams. Now he is bankrupt and loveless, with only his delusions to keep him going. “Isn’t it a very mysterious thing—human happiness—how it works out?” asks Borkman’s lone friend, a humble poet. Mysterious indeed, especially for these unhappy souls.

www.economist.com/node/17956731?sto...FTOKEN=44304360

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2022, 19:39

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 22/1/2011, 17:36

Una curiostà da PAG 394
Il Bam è solito passare le lettere dei fans agli attori, basta indirizzarle qui:

Mr Alan Rickman
c/o BAM Harvey Theater
651 Fulton Street
Brooklyn
New York NY 11217

Certo che a saperlo prima ...
A Dublino col cavolo che Mastrolindo faceva il postino!XD!

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 22/1/2011, 19:42

Traduzione a cura di Giulia Nerucci

Sto cercando di ricostruire l'artist Talk attraverso i commenti di chi ci è stato.
Questo è in sostanza quello che ha detto Rickman del suo personaggio:
Fonte:PAG 394
AR made his usual comment about not judging the character, but said he had a hard time finding what was heroic in JGB. Apart from AR's life-long feelings about greedy capitalists, this seems odd. After all, JGB was a working class boy who was proud of his heritage. He was proud of the work his father did and viewed it poetically, not crassly; his vision of building value to ultimately create happiness for all seems quite worthy--his blind ambition and lack on concern for individual people were the problems. But he wasn't a robber baron, he was a bank manager with an unrealistic dream. He was a man of his times in terms of his attitude towards women, etc. He didn't murder anyone or commit any crimes other than the single embezzlement. Granted, he didn't consider the possible consequences of his actions. It seems that AR was less protective of JGB than perhaps he has been of some other of the other flawed men or villains he has played. He defended Turpin when interviewers called him the villain of Sweeney Todd. I'd love to get more insight into AR's view of JGB and why it was such a difficult portrayal for him.

AR did answer 'yes, ultimately' when Mr H. asked him if he saw any heroism in his character. His exact answer was:

That’s one the hardest thing for me to find, but the answer is yes, ultimately. Objectively, when you’re working on him, you see that he’s sexist, and blind, and power-hungry, and uses people. Where is the heroism in that? The more that you live inside it, the less I charge him, I think— the more you look at the world we live in and say ‘it’s a much bigger issue’. Sadly or truthfully or whatever, we need people like him. The world doesn’t seem to function without them, be they called Berlusconi, or Rupert Murdoch, or Bill Gates. We appear to need them. And they appear to be mainly men.

Sono tristemente d'accordo quando alla fine dice che volenti o nolenti sembriamo aver bisogno di persone come Borkman e che infondo sono solo uomini.
Ma va bene Murdoch, va bene Bill Gates, ma Berlusconi :blink: ... ma si rende conto che se sa che lo ha citato lo invita subito ad Arcore?! :woot: :P

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2022, 19:44

view post Posted on 22/1/2011, 20:27

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Alan ha... ha... ha veramente citato Berlusconi?

Aaah... sì, è un grande! (Alan, ovviamente, NON il berlusca!)

CITAZIONE (halfbloodprincess78 @ 22/1/2011, 19:42) 
Sto cercando di ricostruire l'artist Talk attraverso i commenti di chi ci è stato.
Questo è in sostanza quello che ha detto Rickman del suo personaggio:

Hai fatto un lavoro grandioso, Cla: grazie!

Ida :Streghetta:

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2022, 18:44

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 02:36

Grazie Ida! :wub:
Ecco tutte le foto della Premiere di Borkman in HD!
Che mi pare ancora non le abbiamo o si?! :unsure:

Prima_Borkman_NY_1
Prima_Borkman_NY_2_RIDOTTO
Prima_Borkman_NY_3
Prima_Borkman_NY_4
Prima_Borkman_NY_5
Prima_Borkman_NY_6_RIDOTTO
Prima_Borkman_NY_7
Prima_Borkman_NY_8
Prima_Borkman_NY_9
Prima_Borkman_NY_10

Edited by Ida59 - 15/1/2018, 22:28

view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 09:45

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Eeeh... no, mi sa che in alta risoluzione ancora non le avevamo: brava Claudia, un altro scoop al tuo attivo! ;)

Che bei sorrisi... ma che aria pensosa nella seconda foto!

Ma da quanti anni, ormai, gli vediamo addosso la camicia con le spille? Non è ora di buttarla?

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 16:33

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 23/1/2011, 09:45) 
Ma da quanti anni, ormai, gli vediamo addosso la camicia con le spille? Non è ora di buttarla?[/color]

A parte che secondo me è estiva, però vabbè sotto la giacca volendo si può anche mettere, ma la domanda corretta è:
''Come si fa a comprarla?!''
Comunque credo non butti mai niente, la giacca che aveva quest'estate a Frirenze l'ho immediatamente riconosciuta per averla vista almeno in una decina di foto.
Magari è come me che tengo tutto anche i biglietti della Metropolitana. :P

halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 21:43

Sempre grazie al Forum PAG 394 e a Jastrow abbiamo l'audio dell'Artist Talk ... date solo ad Ale il tempo di riuscire a caricarlo!

Ale85LeoSign
view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 22:10

CITAZIONE
ECCOLO!

Qui potete scaricarlo!

Edit: sito irraggiungibile

Edited by chiara53 - 30/6/2022, 18:47

view post Posted on 23/1/2011, 23:18

I ♥ Severus

Potion Master

Group:
Administrator

Bravissime Ale e Cla!
E grazie per averlo scaricato!

Web  Top
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 24/1/2011, 03:30

CITAZIONE (Ida59 @ 23/1/2011, 23:18) 
Bravissime Ale e Cla!
E grazie per averlo scaricato!

Io l'ho solo trovato, se non era per Ale non riuscivo nemmeno ad aprire il link perchè l'antivirus me lo bloccava, quindi i ringraziamenti vanno a lei.
Ho trovato questa foto su Facebook, ma credo sia sempre di Jastrow di Pag 394.

Borkman_jasseries

Edited by Ida59 - 15/1/2018, 22:31

266 replies since 10/8/2010, 21:45   7985 views