Il Calderone di Severus

Interviste varie, (link, trascrizioni e traduzioni in italiano)

« Older   Newer »
halfbloodprincess78
view post Posted on 11/12/2012, 08:40 by: halfbloodprincess78

Trascrizione di un' intervista del 2002:

Traduzione

PB: Hello. My name is Pamella Bisson and welcome to “Cinemania.” I’m honoured to introduce our special guest today who is a renowned British film and theatre actor who has been on screens and stages – if I can say it? - 24 years? Mr. Alan Rickman. Hi – how do you do?

AR: Good, thank you.

PB: How have you enjoyed your tour?

AR: Terrific. I was just saying you’re very lucky – we had nothing like this – a little more than 24 years ago.

PB: Alright. We’re going to start as we need to go on. And I want to ask you what questions do you hate being asked the most?

AR: It depends who’s asking them, really. I don’t mind. You can ask whatever you like.

PB: Okay, alright. Everybody knows that Harry Potter has obviously been a great success in the UK, America, it’s taken over the world. How do you feel being a part of it?

AR: I’m very proud to be part of it. Because, you know, it’s not often that something comes along that’s become somehow a part of the world’s currency and vocabulary and that has made such a huge difference to the lives of so many children. There’s this phenomenon called Harry Potter that’s encouraged kids to read again.

PB: Have you read the books – the Harry Potter series?

AR: Well, I’ve read the ones that are out. Obviously, you have to read them before you go make the movie otherwise you might make a big mistake.

PB: How did you get the part?

AR: I was asked and then I met with the director and then we kind of both decided okay.

PB: Does it disappoint you then that you haven’t been made into an action figure?

AR: Ah-I have one at home, so I think I have.

PB: You have? The internet says you haven’t.

AR: Yeah, oh no, I’m there. You can buy a Snape doll if you’re that insane.

PB: A third Harry Potter movie comes out next year. Are you going to be a part of that, as well?

AR: I hope so, yeah, if it all works out. I was talking to the director last night. Because, you know, it’s a new director for the third one and this one’s called-this one!-this person is called Alphonso Cuaron. He’s a Mexican, but he is a brilliant director. [AC directed AR in Fallen Angels...]

PB: Was there a different director for the first one as well as the second one?

AR: No, that was Chris Columbus who directed the first two. He will be producing this one so he will still be there.

PB: Will you be in the fourth? The fifth? The sixth?

AR: Oh, who knows. The fifth one she hasn’t finished writing yet.

PB: Richard Harris who played Dumbledore in the last two Harry Potter movies and has recently passed away – is that going to have a big effect on the next movie?

AR: Yeah, I think it’s already having a big effect. You know, it was kind of very sad at the premiere. I’m sad in one way and glad in another because he has quite a lot to do in the film and so you get to see him for this last movie. He was a wonderful man – wonderful actor. And, I’ll miss him because we used to sit next to each other in the make-up chair in the morning chatting away, or he would be dozing in his chair because it was early in the morning. And, he was a great guy. It will be a big difference and I don’t know who it’s going to be.

PB: That was going to be my next question-

AR: Oh, no, I don’t know.

PB: We also know you’ve been I a couple of films that have not yet been released. For example, Love Actually?

AR: Not only not released yet, it’s not finished yet! It’s still shooting. I’ve been filming on it the last month or so and I still have a shot to do on it and then I think it will be released next Christmas.

PB: Can you tell us a bit about it? The plot? The character?

AR: Well - It’s written by Richard Curtis who wrote Notting Hill and Four Wedding and a Funeral. And, this time he’s directing for the first time. It’s about maybe six different couples and they each have separate stories and you jump about from one couple to another other. Then, right at the end of the movie all the couples come together a school Christmas concert. There are links- there are certain links.

PB: Talking about directing movies - the first movie that you directed was “The Winter Quest?”

AR: “The Winter GUEST”

PB: Guest—sorry (giggling)
How was it directing that film?

AR: I loved it. The good thing about directing a movie is that you’re surrounded by so many experts. It’s very reassuring. You show up on the set and everyone knows what they are doing.

PB: Do you prefer that to acting?

AR: No it’s not that but now it’s a part of my life and I will do more. But it’s a question of organisation. If you decide to direct a movie you know and if the fates are with you to get your money, which is very difficult in this country—you know it’s at least a year maybe eighteen months of your life you can just cross off the calendar.

PB: There’s also been some rumours that you’re starring in a new film of Sherlock Holmes?

AR: Not true.

PB: That was on an unofficial website.

AR: That’s one of those weird things. I don’t know where they make it up from.

It may be though, and this is how the film business works, that there is a Sherlock Holmes film that somebody wants to get the money for and they start to put things out on the internet.

PB: Would you do a Sherlock Holmes role?

AR: Probably not. Because I did play him once in the theatre and it’s very proscribed that character. There’s not much you can do with it. I should never say never because who knows what the script might be.

PB: You’ve also won the Golden Globe for Rasputin? (If I pronounced it right)How important are awards to you?

AR: I always think it’s an ungodly (?) idea winning and losing in acting. It doesn’t seem to me that it’s a job that should be competitive - it’s hard enough. For the people who sell the films it’s important to them. If you think of an awards show it’s free television and they get lots and lots of very famous people to show up unpaid. Now, of course, what they’re doing is they’re wearing the clothes of famous designers. The designers get their clothes advertised. It’s a great big way of selling two industries. It’s very nice when people appreciate your work, but you shouldn’t really take that side of it too seriously.

PB: On a lighter note, do you know Mel Smith personally?

AR: Very well.

PB: Was he at school the same time as you?

AR: No, but we’ve know each other very well for a long time.

PB: So you couldn’t tell us any naughty stories?

AR: Mel Smith is a very naughty person.

PB: Remember it’s kids tv.

AR: He’s a very naughty person. He’s also a very talented person. I wouldn’t want to do anything which shook your view of him.

PB: Which do you prefer- the film or the stage?

AR: You can be very happy and very miserable in both of them. I just finished a year in a play so I’m very happy now to not be doing a play. Because it’s every night, it’s seven shows a week and it’s 21/2 hours every night and that gets to be pretty exhausting.

PB: What play was that?

AR: Private Lives. I did it in London for five months and in New York for five months. It’s good to not be on stage but I think it would probably be good to get on stage in six months or so.

PB: Have a change?

AR: hmmm.

PB: What do think of the British Film Industry?

AR: If we had a film industry properly, if people would take the risks and fund it. The British film industry is the one that didn’t fund Harry Potter – it’s American. So there you have an example. Whoever the forces are weren’t brave enough to find that kind of – it’s a huge amount of money. But pretty damn safe bet. So you’d think maybe some smart banks would have got that together.

PB: What’s the difference between acting on stage and on film?

AR: Not a lot, I don’t think. They sometimes say that acting on stage is like painting in oils, and acting on film is like painting in water colours. The big difference is, of course, is that in a play you start at the beginning and you work through the middle and then the end. Every night that’s the line that you draw. On film, of course, it’s shot out of sequence so you have to have in your head a very strong sense of the shape of the story because you might be shooting, as I did on Love Actually, I shot the last scene first.

PB: Who’s your favourite director?

AR: You can’t get me to say that—say one and you offend somebody else. I tell you what—I just saw the film “ Talk to Her” by Almodovar. He’s a Spanish director and I’d like to work with him.

PB: What films had he done?

AR: Trouble is I know most of his films in Spanish. The new film is called “Talk to Her” in English.

PB: When an actor or actress has been in as many films as you Alan Rickman do they actually remember all of their lines?

AR: While you’re shooting?

PB: No, I mean years later-do you actually remember any of your lines?

AR: The first thing you do is as soon as you finish any job is remove any knowledge of those lines from your head.

PB: Well, we actually have a Challenge Quiz for you.

AR: You do, well, I’ll fail it, I’ll tell you now.

PB: We have a budding actor, Mr. Nana Wilson, who has chosen some of his favourite quotes from your movies.

AR: And I have to guess which film it was?

PB: Yes you do and if you do, you win a prize.

AR: What’s that?

PB: It’s a date with my mother because she absolutely adores you.

AR: Oh, okay.

PB: Are you married?

AR: Just a little.

The Challenge Quiz:

1. If it hasn’t been made into a movie it isn’t worth knowing about is it?

AR: Close My Eyes or Truly Madly Deeply

Answer: Dogma

2. I’ll cut your heart out with a spoon.

AR: Prince of Thieves, I know that one.

Answer: Correct

3. Thanks

AR: It can’t be Sense & Sensibility because it would be Thank you. I’ll say Dogma.

Answer: Galaxy Quest

4. Experimental weapon with experimental ammunition.

AR: Die Hard

Answer: Quigley Down Under

5. You’re most troublesome for a security guard.

Answer: Correct

6. Do you really think you have a chance against us, Mr. Cowboy?

Answer: Die Hard

7. My mother does not have a beard.

AR: Truly Madly Deeply

Answer: Truly Madly Deeply

PB: Well Done!

AR: Well done?

PB: Even though you didn’t get them right you still have to go on a date with my mother. I promised. Sorry.

AR: Okay. Thank you.

PB: Now moving on……We found a website – something on the internet. Cookbooks -- Lists of Recipes. We’ve got some interesting recipes here and I was wondering can you cook?

AR: Yeah - ish.

PB: Are you a good cook?

AR: Well, I’m alright.

PB: Do you cook for your wife?

AR: We cook together.

PB: Have you ever cooked “Chile Lime Shrimp.”

AR: Never.

PB: Well, we’ve got some recipes here and we want you to try them out and we’d like you to give us a call and tell us how it went.

AR: (Looking over recipes) Okay. It’s a Seduction Menu? Oh I see.

What’s that website? Is that supposed to be things I like?

Ed. Note: Link to website they were looking at: www.rickmanistareview.com/seduction.html

PB: Yeah. It says your name and many different types of foods and dishes by your fan. Your fans and critics wrote what they thought.

AR: (Squinting at website on interviewer’s laptop on desk)

PB: Okay, just to finish off—a bit in the paper today. They’ve actually made a game console on Harry Potter. Did you know that? Do you have a Playstation?

AR: No.

PB: Your kids don’t have one?

AR: I don’t have any.

PB: You didn’t get the game free?

AR: No.

PB: I have surely enjoyed this interview today and it was nice for you to come over. I hope you had a nice time.

AR: Thank you. You were great. You get the job.

PAGE394

Edited by chiara53 - 21/6/2022, 17:41

630 replies since 30/12/2006, 17:34   23725 views